We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toilets in Paphos

Hull , East...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Toilets in Paphos

Hi can anyone tell me if you still have to put toilet paper in a bin. Stayed in Paphos before and you had to then, i just wondered if things had changed.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Toilets in Paphos

No nothing has changed

Kev

Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toilets in Paphos

Kev,I guess you still have to do this in the hotels but do some of the most recent private complexes not use the new sewerage system?

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Toilets in Paphos

Hi Dave

I was under the impression that the hotels do have a system in place but again that is hearsay as I never stayed in a hotel for the past 5 yrs.

I was also informed that the new sewage plant has not been started or if it has not yet completed, you know how these urban myths are like. We all still use our bio Sys but to be honest the way they move it should be completed in the next 5 yrs lol

Kev

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,090 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toilets in Paphos

The apartment I lived in until 12 months ago, was a new build and both bathrooms had signs saying "don't flush any products". The house I live in now is older and so I'm definately not risking it!

I was told that it's the pipes that are the problem because they are narrower than those used in the uk, and they are not "smooth", so tissue snags and accumulates.

You learn to live with it!

Trisha

Edited: 29 March 2011, 19:23
Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Toilets in Paphos

probably scaffolding pipes lol and that's not that far off the truth, welcome to the 21st century

Kev

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Toilets in Paphos

It doesn't matter how new a building is, sewage still has to travel further than the building itself, so if the sewage pipes used in the rest of the village / town are old and narrow, you shouldn't be doing your best to block them by flushing toilet paper down your loo.

Edited: 29 March 2011, 21:11
Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Toilets in Paphos

I just thought that some of the newer builds had a better waste system.I'm always trawling through rental sites and noticed that a recently built complex just off the Tomb of the Kings Road was being advertised as using the new system so paper down the toilet was allowed.Out of habit I would probably forget and still use a bin !!

Mentioned in this post
Kings Road
Kings Road
37 Reviews
Paphos, Cyprus
Hull , East...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Toilets in Paphos

Thanks everyone we will just have to put up with it!

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,090 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toilets in Paphos

Thanks for the lecture Tinsey!

Trisha

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,786 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toilets in Paphos

We have never had to put toilet paper in a bin in any of the five star hotels we have stayed in. You do in public toilets and most restaurants and as you say older apartments and hotels.

When we visit our friends who live in a modern house near Limassol we are able to flush.