We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight layover while on Honeymoon

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Overnight layover while on Honeymoon

Hi,

Our flight to Stuttgart got canceled so we are staying in Vienna for a night, tonight (June 8). What do you all suggest we must do? As the title says we are on our honeymoon so price isn't a concern. We land at 7pm tonight. We were thinking the ferris wheel would be romantic idea and there seem to be restaurants and bars nearby. Not sure if my info is correct? We don't have much time so your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Stuttgart
Stuttgart
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
4 replies to this topic
Vienna
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight layover while on Honeymoon

Hi! A nice view you have also from the Danube Tower with rotating restaurant! Also a walk through the Old City or a boat ride on the Danube would be romantic. Best regards Isabella

Mentioned in this post
Danube Tower
Danube Tower
1,267 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight layover while on Honeymoon

Thanks,that sounds great. After dinner, is there an area that is known for night life. Not really clubs but bars or cocktail lounges mainly?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
25,195 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight layover while on Honeymoon

Is it your first visit to Vienna? If yes, then I would spend the time in the historic ciy center where Vienna is most romantic.

A particularly nice and romantic place is the Albertina Museum where you can have great view of the illuminated Vienna State Opera.

www.wien.info

Edited: 09 June 2018, 01:39
Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Albertina
Albertina
5,074 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight layover while on Honeymoon

Ferris Wheel is not romantic unless you like being squished by tourists and obnoxious teenagers at the Prater. Danube Tower is in the middle of a huge park far from the center, so not really a great option in my mind either. If it were me, I’d have an evening carriage ride through the center and have dinner somewhere nice also in the center. Wrap it up with some drinks at a rooftop bar like Lamee or the Sky Bar. Or close with ice cream from Zanoni & Zanoni.

Mentioned in this post
Prater
Prater
7,721 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Danube Tower
Danube Tower
1,267 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
Hotel Lamee
Hotel Lamee
316 Reviews