We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Classical Music Concert?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
12 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Classical Music Concert?

I have two children with short attention spans (even though they are teenagers) and since we are in Vienna I would like to expose them to some classical music concerts, preferably Mozart. However, given what I said, I am looking for something short (under an hour) and cheap. Researching online, I see most venues would cost me well over 100 Euros for a family of four. I would prefer not to pay that. Any alternatives?

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Cafe Mozart
Cafe Mozart
2,788 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
4 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,690 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Classical Music Concert?

Not for live music. Tourist concerts often cost more than major orchestras! When do you visit?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
599 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Classical Music Concert?

We've previously enjoyed the intimate setting of Sala Terrena https://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g…

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Vienna
Level Contributor
17,690 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Classical Music Concert?

And would you say that chamber concert would be a) cheap and b) good for kids with short attention spans? I doubt it!

Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Classical Music Concert?

You don't say when you are visiting but if in Sept this may be of interest https:/…

My advice would be to introduce them to light classical music at home rather than try to inflict it on them on holiday----you may meet with resistance which could spoil an otherwise good day.

Reply to: Cheap Classical Music Concert?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted