We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Suggestions

5 posts
Save Topic
Travel Suggestions

Hi All,

I would be travelling to Norway in September 2018 for 9 days and i would like to know certain details on travel between locations of my visit.

I have planned to use train from Oslo to Flam and Bus from Oslo to Sogndal. So would like to know if i would be allowed to carry my baggage with me or do i need to pay anything extra for baggage during above transport. Best websites to get good deals on Bus and train booking for above destination.

Planning to go bergen from Sogndal via Express boat and want to know same thing if i would be allowed to carry baggage with me or do i need to pay extra for baggage during transport. Please let me know Website where i can book above express boat tickets.

Considering my date of Visit between Sep 5 to September 13, how cold can it get in Oslo, Sogndal and Bergen. Since need to plan clothing in accordance with it.

Takk skal du ha,

Naveen

Mentioned in this post
Norway
Norway
Europe
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
Flam
Flam
Aurland Municipality, Norway
Sogndal Municipality
Sogndal Municipality
Sogn og Fjordane, Norway
Bergen
Bergen
Hordaland, Norway
6 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
31,508 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Suggestions

Luggage is no problem. You get your express boat tickets with Norled.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
5,111 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Suggestions

Oslo-Flam: https://www.nsb.no/en/frontpage (book approx 90 days inadvance for discounted - Minipris - tickets)

Songdal-Oslo: http://www.nettbuss.no (tickets are usually released 60 days in advance, but can be made available earlier).

No extra payment for luggage, but you do need to handle it yourself.

Mentioned in this post
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
Flam
Flam
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Suggestions

Thanks a lot!! Does it rain a lot considering my visit is during September 1st and 2nd weeks?

Oslo
Level Contributor
16,588 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Suggestions

Relatively rainy on average, but not predictable, so you never know in advance

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Suggestions

I was planning to visit stegastien viewpoint from FLAM, so wanted to know how can i do it? Can i have locker for my baggage at flam railway station?

Mentioned in this post
Flam
Flam
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
31,508 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Suggestions

See the visitFlåm page for Stegastein tours. There is a manned left luggage in Flåm.

Reply to: Travel Suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted