We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lofoten Islands Midnight sun

Australia
Level Contributor
161 posts
184 reviews
Lofoten Islands Midnight sun

I will be in the Lofotens 19th to 22nd July. Staying near Stamsund and have a hire car.

I am going to visit Lofotr Viking museum and welcome any suggestions of other places to visit.

I want to do one of the Midnight Sun trips. Some of them say that after about 14th July they are not as good? That is in Solvaer. Would it be better to take the one from Henningsvaer?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Oslo
Level Contributor
17,229 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Lofoten Islands Midnight sun

Why do you want to on trip?

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
32,967 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Lofoten Islands Midnight sun

The scenery is the main attraction in Lofoten, so driving around the islands is a thing "to do".

As for the midnight sun, I would be more worried about the cloud cover, not all days are sunny.🌞

Look up time and date site for exact dates for Svolvær area. After the exact end date, the sun dips shortly under the horizon.

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
4,775 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Lofoten Islands Midnight sun

What is offered on a Midnight sun trip? If you have a car, and the weather is clear, just drive to a beach with a view to the North and you can see the Midnight sun all by yourself.

Here is sunset and sunrise times for July in Svolvaer : https:/…

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
6,474 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Lofoten Islands Midnight sun

Yes, I have to ask the same; Why do you want to join a Midnight Sun tour, when you have your own car..??

Out from Stamsund, please drive this route from 21:00, and stay out there to 3 am, https://goo.gl/maps/B4SAcM7kp222

The coastal locations of Uttakleiv beach, Unstad beach, Eggum, Vestersand, Kvalnes, and another locations along your drive will give you a perfect nightly round trip. Charge your camera batteries and enjoy..;)

At your time of your visit, the midnight sun period is ended with a few days, but fingers crossed that you get some clouds, since then the color play will be more beautiful, in the period of sunset / sunrise..;)

Edited: 09 June 2018, 22:33
Reply to: Lofoten Islands Midnight sun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted