We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions in Andalsnes

2 posts
Save Topic
Excursions in Andalsnes

This is our first time traveling to Norway and we'll be visiting Andalsnes this summer. Our Cruise line has a few options for tours. Wondering if anyone has insight as to which will be best scenery and experience for our tour while on our Cruise stop in Andalsnes. Please note that we're also visiting Geiranger, Flam, Stavenger, Bergen and have these excusions already planned although we're in need of suggestions as we're not finding as much info on the Andalsnes region.

Train Excursion to the Romsdal Region (3 hour tour) with Train along River and then reach Bjorli station transfer to Coach to Troll Wall.

OR

Trollstigheimen Excursion 3.5 hours by Coach along narrow 11 hairpin bends. Includes Isterdal Valley.

The Atlantic Road is an all day excursion although I recall someone saying it wasn't quite worth the time and money during such a short stay.

Anyone having any recommendations will be appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
Oslo
Level Contributor
323 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions in Andalsnes

In my opinion Trollstigheimen will be the most interesting.

Romsdal is nice, but Trollstigen is unique. (And I agree - Atlantic road is not worth a detour from Åndalsnes).

And btw. the Troll wall is just a 10 min detour from the road to Trollstigen

Another option (if you like hiking, steep hills and nice view) is to hike Romsdalstrappa https://www.visitnorway.com/places-to-go/fjord-norway/northwest/listings-northwest/romsdalstrappa-(715-m-a-s-l-)/1007/

Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
6,008 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions in Andalsnes

No doubt; Trollstigen it’s a must!

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions in Andalsnes

Thank you for your recommendations and suggestions, Trollstigen it will be!!

Reply to: Excursions in Andalsnes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted