We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in packing for a cruise with many excursions

Minnesota
Level Contributor
48 posts
193 reviews
Help in packing for a cruise with many excursions

Hello fellow travelers - we will embark from Copenhagen and enjoy the fjords from Kristiansand to Oslo. Many of our off ship excursions involve hiking , some starting early in the morning and ending in the afternoon. How shall we pack? Layers, but do we need gloves, neck gators, wool socks - how cold will it be? We will have waterproof jackets - do we need rubber/rain boots?

Any advice is very appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
pa
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Help in packing for a cruise with many excursions

When are you going? We went to Norway May 27thn- June 2nd. The weather has been unusually warm for this time of the year.

We were in the Fjords area and the weather ranged between 70-80 all week. I checked the weather a couple of days before I left and it was calling for temps between 60 -70s I went through my suitcase and got rid of most of my warm clothes. I took a sweatshirt and a jacket and a thin raincoat (it only rained 1 night while sleeping)

I would say to wear waterproof hiking shoes or boots though I could have got away with just sneakers that week but better safe than sorry!

Norway is beautiful!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
48 posts
193 reviews
2. Re: Help in packing for a cruise with many excursions

Thank you, we are going June 24 to July 6. Wondering if it will be warm enough for sandals and a sundress. I think I will just pack a lot of layers! 😀

Oslo
Level Contributor
17,404 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: Help in packing for a cruise with many excursions

Weather is unpredictable. Kristiansand to Oslo is the south coast/Oslofjord, relatively warm/stable area in summer. But if you mean Kristiansund (near Molde) you will travel the western fjords with a more unstable weather. Anyway you must be prepared for temperatures (in the lowlands) from 10 to 25 C. A wind proof/water repellant jacket, jeans, a light sweater for the cool days, head cover for sun/rain, light scarf perhaps.

For proper wilderness hiking you need sturdy hiking boots/shoes, so depends how serious the hikes.

Reply to: Help in packing for a cruise with many excursions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted