We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in packing for a cruise with many excursions

Minnesota
Level Contributor
48 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
Help in packing for a cruise with many excursions

Hello fellow travelers - we will embark from Copenhagen and enjoy the fjords from Kristiansand to Oslo. Many of our off ship excursions involve hiking , some starting early in the morning and ending in the afternoon. How shall we pack? Layers, but do we need gloves, neck gators, wool socks - how cold will it be? We will have waterproof jackets - do we need rubber/rain boots?

Any advice is very appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Kristiansand
Kristiansand
Vest-Agder, Norway
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
3 replies to this topic
pa
Level Contributor
959 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help in packing for a cruise with many excursions

When are you going? We went to Norway May 27thn- June 2nd. The weather has been unusually warm for this time of the year.

We were in the Fjords area and the weather ranged between 70-80 all week. I checked the weather a couple of days before I left and it was calling for temps between 60 -70s I went through my suitcase and got rid of most of my warm clothes. I took a sweatshirt and a jacket and a thin raincoat (it only rained 1 night while sleeping)

I would say to wear waterproof hiking shoes or boots though I could have got away with just sneakers that week but better safe than sorry!

Norway is beautiful!

Mentioned in this post
Norway
Norway
Europe
Minnesota
Level Contributor
48 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help in packing for a cruise with many excursions

Thank you, we are going June 24 to July 6. Wondering if it will be warm enough for sandals and a sundress. I think I will just pack a lot of layers! 😀

Oslo
Level Contributor
16,536 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help in packing for a cruise with many excursions

Weather is unpredictable. Kristiansand to Oslo is the south coast/Oslofjord, relatively warm/stable area in summer. But if you mean Kristiansund (near Molde) you will travel the western fjords with a more unstable weather. Anyway you must be prepared for temperatures (in the lowlands) from 10 to 25 C. A wind proof/water repellant jacket, jeans, a light sweater for the cool days, head cover for sun/rain, light scarf perhaps.

For proper wilderness hiking you need sturdy hiking boots/shoes, so depends how serious the hikes.

Mentioned in this post
Kristiansand
Kristiansand
Vest-Agder, Norway
Oslo
Oslo
Eastern Norway, Norway
Kristiansund
Kristiansund
More og Romsdal, Norway
Molde
Molde