We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Litter Buster

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Litter Buster

Has anyone been caught by the Llandudno Litter Buster?. My daughter had only been in Llandudno for approx. 10mins and accidently dropped some litter and was subsequently fined £75 for her mistake. During the weekend we saw several people get caught in a similar way. I think that the Llandudno Council need to reconsider employing a unsympathetic private company to combat litter issues as it doesn’t encourage tourism to the Town.

Mentioned in this post
The Llandudno Hotel
The Llandudno Hotel
239 Reviews
Llandudno, UK
Llandudno
Llandudno
Conwy County, UK
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,305 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Litter Buster

No excuse for dropping litter these days, but if it was an "accident" I would appeal. ;-)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Litter Buster

I hope more Towns and Cities do it. Drop litter get fined, Great.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Litter Buster

Dropping litter is not usually accidental. I would rather have over-enthusiastic people monitoring litter than visiting a litter-strewn town. Well done Llandudno Council.

Mentioned in this post
Llandudno
Llandudno
Conwy County, UK
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Litter Buster

I have dropped litter accidentally a few times, but I've always picked it up even in the countryside where nobody can see me. I was brought up not to drop litter like my own children where. If indeed it was accidental it's just unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Litter Buster

So no action against people who drop litter would encourage tourism to the town?

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Litter Buster

>>> Dropping litter is not usually accidental. I would rather have over-enthusiastic people monitoring litter than visiting a litter-strewn town. Well done Llandudno Council.<<<

I agree with this post, and besides..... How can you 'accidentally drop litter' ?

Mentioned in this post
Llandudno
Llandudno
Conwy County, UK
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Litter Buster

There are cases of going over the top with litter dropping.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-561762/I-droppe…

Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
655 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Litter Buster

The wardens are paid for by Conwy County Borough Council not Llandudno Town Council. As far as I understand it they're supposed to cover the whole of the county and they've been operating for about two years now but I can't recall ever seeing one, and I live and work in the county. Getting caught within 10 minutes of arriving sounds very unlucky to me.

As a local that lives here for 12 months of the year and not just for one or two weeks I'm all in favour of the scheme. I want to live in as clean and tidy an environment as possible and if tourists don't like that then I'd suggest they go to Blackpool instead!

Mentioned in this post
Conwy
Conwy
Conwy County, UK
Llandudno
Llandudno
Conwy County, UK
Blackpool
Blackpool
Lancashire, UK
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Litter Buster

Sounds like a great idea to me and would encourage me to visit litter free Llandudo this summer. Maybe more places should be this pro-active.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,971 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Litter Buster

Be warned they are also very "hot" on people who drop their cigarette ends by accident ! Seen many people stopped and fined on Mostyn Street.

Mentioned in this post
Mostyn Street
Mostyn Street
713 Reviews
Llandudno, UK
Get answers to your questions about Llandudno
Recent Conversations