We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Llandudno Pier

Wick, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Llandudno Pier

I've just read that a hotel has bought Llandudno Pier, and that it will no longer be available to the public, just the hotel guests?

Is this true?

Are you still able to go on the pier at the moment?

We are coming to Llandudno hopefully in August, and had planned a trip to the pier. Will be disappointed if we can't get on!

Mentioned in this post
Llandudno Pier
Llandudno Pier
4,097 Reviews
Llandudno, UK
Llandudno
Llandudno
Conwy County, UK
Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Llandudno Pier

Where did you read this? Did a quick Google search, and found it has been put up for sale, but nothing about it being bought.

Their own website says that the pier is open at the moment http://www.llandudnopier.com/

I think there'd by quite an outcry if it was closed to the public.

Wick, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Llandudno Pier

Sorry - ignore my post above!

Someone thought it would be a good idea to wind me up regarding the pier - obviously it's not true and the pier is still open to the public!

Apologies

Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
645 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Llandudno Pier

it was an April Fool's joke that the St. George's Hotel put on their website. The pier is up for sale so it is possible someone will buy it and close it down but it's very unlikely given that the asking price is £4.5m!

stgeorgeswales.co.uk/blog/…

Mentioned in this post
St. George's Hotel
St. George's Hotel
1,476 Reviews
Llandudno, UK
4. Re: Llandudno Pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2016, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Llandudno
Recent Conversations