We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rowland Taylor Memorial

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Rowland Taylor Memorial

Hello, I have an oddly specific question about visiting the Rowland Taylor Memorial.

I am visiting your beautiful country for the first time in a week, and my friend is a descendant of Rowland Taylor. She is very interested in visiting the memorial there, but we are trying our best to figure out a decent way to make it a daytrip out of London. My instinct was to take the train into Ipswich from London, and then find a way to the memorial from there. We had discussed renting a car, but upon looking through the requirements we need that becomes pricey. Since the memorial is just under ten miles from the train station, I was wondering what the general cost of a cab might be? I'm also very open to other suggestions!

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Ipswich
Ipswich
Suffolk, UK
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rowland Taylor Memorial

For those (like me) not familiar with this memorial, it appears to be in Hadleigh.

A bit of googling suggests there's an hourly bus from Ipswich to Hadleigh that takes 24 minutes and costs £3.

suffolkonboard.com/buses/…

Mentioned in this post
Ipswich
Ipswich
Suffolk, UK
Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,779 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rowland Taylor Memorial

And the same bus runs to and from Sudbury, if that's any more convenient.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
624 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rowland Taylor Memorial

a taxi might be around £30 to hadleigh. id say the bus might be the best idea as recommended above

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,604 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rowland Taylor Memorial

While you are in Ipswich, the Protestant Martyrs Memorial in Christchurch Park may also be of interest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipswich_Martyrs

Mentioned in this post
Ipswich
Ipswich
Suffolk, UK
Christchurch Park
Christchurch Park
682 Reviews
Ipswich, UK
5. Re: Rowland Taylor Memorial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2017, 21:17
Get answers to your questions about Ipswich