We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel to stay at in Poole

Wales
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Topic
Hotel to stay at in Poole

I’m staying in Poole in October and I will be arriving by train and visiting The Lighthouse Theatre. Can you please recommend a hotel that convenient to stay at for my visit.

Thanking you in anticipation for your assistance.

Mentioned in this post
Poole
Poole
Dorset, UK
3 replies to this topic
Dorset, England
Level Contributor
128 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel to stay at in Poole

The Holiday Inn Express is just across the road from The Lighthouse so may be worth looking at. Downside is that it's not terribly well located for restaurants or cafes but The Lighthouse does have a cafe. Alternatively there's the Travelodge which is opposite the train station by Asda. Again there isn't anything in the way of restaurants nearby except a Costa concession but the High Street isn't that far a walk.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel to stay at in Poole

Bubbles is right - the Holiday Inn Express is best located but those hotels he mentions are in rather soulless locations. If you want to consider a couple of alternatives (and I've stayed in only the first one mentioned, so can only vouch for their locations; they're all 10-15min walk from The Lighthouse, and a similar walk from the station):

The Quay Thistle is on the far end of Poole Quay, so has scenic views. The quay should be quieter at that time of year, but it's always busy with shoppers, tourists and harbour traffic but there's plenty to see and do around there.

The Antelope, at the far end of Poole High Street, and The Merchant House B&B, are mid-priced alternatives (though their rooms look quite small). Some way above all of these, in terms of ambience but also price, at the far end of the High Street, is the Hotel du Vin.

The normal way to get to The Lighthouse from the High Street is through the Dolphin shopping centre, but at night this will be closed, so it's worth scouting out the way round the Dolphin.

Mentioned in this post
The Quay
The Quay
519 Reviews
Poole, UK
Thistle Poole
Thistle Poole
1,062 Reviews
Poole, UK
Poole
Poole
Dorset, UK
Hotel du Vin Poole
Hotel du Vin Poole
1,336 Reviews
Poole, UK
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel to stay at in Poole

The Thistle hotel is in a great location and some of the rooms have nice views. Unfortunately it is very run down and doesn't have much else going for it.

Mentioned in this post
Thistle Poole
Thistle Poole
1,062 Reviews
Poole, UK
Reply to: Hotel to stay at in Poole
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Poole