We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport from Luton Airport

Scotland
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
25 helpful votes
Public transport from Luton Airport
Save

What is the best public transport route from Luton Airport to Welwyn city Garden? I have a flight arriving around 20:00 on a Thursday evening?

4 replies to this topic
Torquay, United...
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
31,086 posts
45 reviews
38 helpful votes
1. Re: Public transport from Luton Airport
Save

Your best bet at that time of night is a taxi, buses are thin on the ground.

It's Welwyn Garden City.

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
129 reviews
84 helpful votes
2. Re: Public transport from Luton Airport
Save

WW is probably correct. If your flight had been earlier in the day, one possible route would be train to St Albans and bus from there, but your arrival time of 20:00 means you might not reach St Albans City Station until after the last bus to WGC, which is 22:39.

On the other hand, a taxi may well be cheaper to WGC from St Albans than from Luton Airport - it's a shorter journey, for a start.

A suggestion: if you think you will make the last bus from St A, go for it and if you miss it get a taxi from there.

St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
185 reviews
62 helpful votes
3. Re: Public transport from Luton Airport
Save

I'd agree - a taxi is probably best bet. By taxi it's about 25 mins. Otherwise you have to get the shuttle bus to the train station, wait for the train, then wait for the bus, etc. If all goes well, I'd guess it'd take you c. 1.5 hours.

Also, the bus that goes to WGC goes through WGC but one of the hotels (Best Western) is then about a 20min walk from the town centre. You probably would need to check how close the bus goes.

Beckenham, United...
Level Contributor
21,071 posts
35 reviews
11 helpful votes
4. Re: Public transport from Luton Airport
Save

Similar question on the London forum,

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k13196503-Luton_airport_to_Welwyn_garden_city_transport-London_England.html

Reply to: Public transport from Luton Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Welwyn Garden City
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.