We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stansted airport to Tewin Bury Farm

North Ridgeville...
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
47 helpful votes
Stansted airport to Tewin Bury Farm
Save

We have a two-day wedding stay in Tewin Bury after arriving at Stansted Airport in July. After our stay in Tewin Bury, we'll stay in London for a week. We are first-time visitors and cannot find a way from the STN airport to Tewin Bury. I am hesitant to rent a car and drive, but it seems like the best bet.

Thanks for any ideas

Darrell

4 replies to this topic
Herts
Level Contributor
495 posts
40 reviews
61 helpful votes
1. Re: Stansted airport to Tewin Bury Farm
Save

Nice hotel.

I would think of a Taxi from airport, not cheap but getting from WC to London will be easy. AND do you really require a car whilst in London , Public transport is the way to go in the Capital

As for costs, lets hope we have some readers from the East of Hertfordshire

Cheltenham, United...
Destination Expert
for Cotswolds
Level Contributor
5,487 posts
10 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Stansted airport to Tewin Bury Farm
Save

A recent similar query (can't trace) concluded that public transport to Welwyn or Hertford, then taxi, was about the best solution. You can check possible routes on http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk, generally either National Express coach (==Greyhound) to Stevenage or Hatfield (can pay on day). or travel into North London and out again. There is a bus between Hertford and Welwyn via Tewin, so could be worth checking full journey, might fall lucky.

Edit sorry the traveline link hasn't been embedded, will have to cut n paste or search.

Edited: 6 years ago
North Ridgeville...
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
47 helpful votes
3. Re: Stansted airport to Tewin Bury Farm
Save

Thanks Wallbash and Penmere. The car would only be for getting to Tewin Bury and then to London. i'd return the car when I get to London. I don't even want to drive that much. Everything in the car is backwards!

Appreciate the info!!

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,871 posts
408 reviews
302 helpful votes
4. Re: Stansted airport to Tewin Bury Farm
Save

You can get to Hertford East station by frequent trains from Stansted, changing at Broxbourne. A cab from there should be about £14 only. No need at all to go into London

Reply to: Stansted airport to Tewin Bury Farm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Welwyn Garden City
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.