We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trains

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
218 reviews
155 helpful votes
trains
Save

Are the trains from Didcot Parkway usually on time and do they get to Paddington on time?

5 replies to this topic
Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
18,160 posts
5 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: trains
Save

You know that Wallingford station cloded to passengers in 1959?

Overall about 92% of First Great Western services are punctual.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
218 reviews
155 helpful votes
2. Re: trains
Save

I never thanked you for your reply. I visited England in July. Rode the trains from Didcot, and as you suggested, they were pretty close to being on time. Thanks, again.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
32,367 posts
75 reviews
126 helpful votes
3. Re: trains
Save

"they were pretty close to being on time"

So your train was late!? ;-p

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
396 reviews
233 helpful votes
4. Re: trains
Save

And that's a surprise??

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,500 posts
218 reviews
155 helpful votes
5. Re: trains
Save

One was late because there had been an accident that caused multiple trains to run behind. If I remember correctly, it involved a window that had gotten broken in one of the train cars when it was in a station and created quite a stir. I don't know how it got broken or other details, but it had to be sorted out before other trains could leave. I was trying to schedule a tour in London that started at a certain time and wondered if the train would get me there in time. It did. The train that ran a little late was at a different time. Thanks, again.

Reply to: trains
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wallingford
Recent Conversations
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.