We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arezzo or Lucca?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
172 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Arezzo or Lucca?

Hello!

We want to spend 3D/3N in the Tuscany region end of May and wanted opinion on what to pick. Below are the questions:

1. Arezzo or Lucca? I'm drawn to Lucca more because I hear you can rent bikes and it sounds more mobile without a car, but Arrezo is also slightly more convenient to get to via train.

2. whichever one is suggested, should we think of renting a car? I know Arezzo is a direct stop from Rome on the train, while Lucca is a transfer in Florence (in case that changes the opinion). The next stop after Tuscany is Amalfi.

3. whichever one sugegsted, if we rent a villa/B&B directly outside the town, would it be convenient to get to/from there without a car?

4. Anything else you would recommend? Been to Cortona so something aside from that, and don't want Siena as i think it may be a little too big/crowded.

Thank you!

1. Re: Arezzo or Lucca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 07:19
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arezzo or Lucca?

I love love love Lucca. You have some great towns that are very accessible from Lucca. We really like Pistoia because it is small and very authentic. San Gimignano and Volterra are both an hour and a half away. If you want to head to the beach, you have Viareggio (and the free beach at Lecciona) very near off the train line. There is also good hiking close to Lucca. Enjoy your get away. May is a great time!

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,615 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arezzo or Lucca?

Either choice should be great. This is very subjective. you should get a couple of guide books and read about the towns - they are much different.

4. Re: Arezzo or Lucca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2016, 14:18