We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

Sansepolcro, Italy
3 posts
Save Topic
English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

Hello, I have recently moved to Sansepolcro and was wondering if there were any English speakers around the area. I would like to meet as I am new to this area. i am 25, and just wanted to make some friends in the area.

Beth.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

britishexpats.com/forum/…

Beth, your question will be better answered here, where I see you have also posted. There are so many English speakers in and around Arezzo / Sansepolcro and especially Anghiari. Last time I was in the latter I was amazed at how many Brits there were in the town. Perhaps there's an edicola or supermarket with a small announcements notice board where you could post a message, though taking into account usual security measures, of course.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

Thinking about this some more, have you enrolled at school to learn Italian for there are bound to be other English speakers there. Otherwise, Italians make very good friends and you are in Italy ...

Montevarchi, Italy
Level Contributor
79 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

yes, I'd concentrate on meeting Italians, not expats :-)

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
11,146 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

I lived in Sansepolcro for many years and I remember there were several English speakers.

As @lastraniera says it's easy to make friends so just ask around.

An English speaker who, I believe, lives in Anghiari sometimes comes into this forum so I hope she pops in. She'll surely be helpful.

By the way you'll like Sansepolcro ☺

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,464 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

Hi Bethany,

(Thanks Girella!) Welcome to the Valtiberina! I live in the area and would be happy to meet up and can also introduce you to other English people in the area. However, as mentioned, it is really best to try to meet and speak with Italians in the area - and especially at your young age, it should be fairly easy. Many young Italians would love to have a chance to practice their English and as well, you can practice your Italian with them.

Do you have a car, because it will be fairly essential in this area. While Sansepolcro is served by a train, it does not easily connect to other areas and with buses, you have to rely on a schedule.

How long have you been in the area? Are you here for work or for school? (I believe that there is an American school exchange in Sansepolcro - where they do the semester abroad).

How familiar are you with the area?

If you are interested, why don't you PM me. I won't be available to meet until next week however.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
11,146 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

Thanks to you Cat!

Sansepolcro, Italy
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

Hello Cat.

Thank you for your reply, I am very grateful. I have moved here to be with my partner who has a company in the town. i have been here a few weeks now, although did spend a few months here over summer last year. i am looking to work actually, but I am trying to finish a course I started as long distance. I do know a few italians here which are friends of my boyfriend, but again i would like to meet other people. I did see the American exchange as well actually. I do not have a car at the moment the only car we have my partner uses for work.

I will be in England from next Wednesday until the following Tuesday sorting out some things I didn't do before I left. But I have gotten to know the bus and trains systems and I don't mind them until I sort a car or something.

As for a PM I am not too sure how to do it on this website ( silly I know!) so maybe if you can PM me I could reply. i would love to meet up and be introduced to others that would be fantastic. I am actually going to be going to Arezzo to do an italian class just so I can be up to date and polished on my Italian.

PM me in case I can't figure it out, then let me know when you are free.

Again I really appreciate the reply.

Beth.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
11,146 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

Click on Cat's name under her foto. Then in the column on the left of the page that appears you'll see: Send a message. Click on it then write ☺

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

Hi! I'm Ramona and I love English language. I'm Romanian but I live in Arezzo. If you come let me know. I would be happy to have a coffee and chat in English or Italian. I'm 28. Bye

Sansepolcro, Italy
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: English speakers around Arezzo/Sansepolcro areas

I keep trying to reply but it won't let me! Hey ramona!! I would love to meet for a coffee and chat. Maybe I can PM you or you PM so we can exchange emails or something to arrange a meeting? Hope to hear back.

Beth

Get answers to your questions about Arezzo