We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina of town center

connecticut
Level Contributor
89 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Marina of town center

We are spending three nights in Vasto in June. Should we stay in the marina area or in the town above the sea? Any recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
Vasto
Vasto
Province of Chieti, Italy
2 replies to this topic
Kennett Square...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina of town center

Depends on whether the beach or history is more important to you. The beach is lovely, but Vasto Marina hotels are remote from the town center. My travel provider booked me into the Hotel Excelsior in Vasto Marina (which is a fine hotel), but I wanted to walk the streets of my ancestors. I had to hire a taxi to take me to the town center, and couldn't really spend as much time there as I would have preferred.

Mentioned in this post
Vasto
Vasto
Province of Chieti, Italy
Hotel Excelsior
Hotel Excelsior
376 Reviews
Vasto, Italy
Italy
Level Contributor
7 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina of town center

Hi, definitely in the town! It is beautiful here and all the restaurants are within walking distance. No need to drive. If you stay on the Marina, in June it will be pretty dead quiet. A few restaurants will be open, but it is not peak season so not much going on. The town has so much more to offer, bars, restaurants, museums, shops etc...The marina is basically just large hotels catering for Italian tourists in August. You can walk down to the marina in about 20 minutes from the historical center. Hope that helps! If you want to see photos of the town to help you make up your mind, please look on my website. www.abruzzorentals.com Judy

Reply to: Marina of town center
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vasto
Recent Conversations