We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swedish Midsummer Party - Far Out Beach Club

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Swedish Midsummer Party - Far Out Beach Club

I guess the Swedish Midsummer Party at Far Out on June 22nd is open to everyone regardless of where you are staying, right?

Does staying at Far Out Beach Club offer any advantages that day over staying elsewhere (other than the ease of location)? I assume people from outside are allowed at the party for no extra charge, and can use the party area, right? Just wanted to double check.

And how about the pool or sunloungers at Far Out, can the outsiders pay to use them or do you have to stay at the hotel to use them?

I will be on Ios during June 22-23rd, and just wondering about that specific day when the Midsummer Party will take place.

Thanks.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 22:02
Mentioned in this post
Ios
Ios
Cyclades, Greece
5 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swedish Midsummer Party - Far Out Beach Club

As far as I understand it the party starts in the chora/the village at 10.00 a.m. and moves down to Far Out sometime in the afternoon.

Far Out Beach Club is open to anyone free of charge, including using the sun loungers and pool. They make their money from the drinks and food that people buy.

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swedish Midsummer Party - Far Out Beach Club

Great, thanks! I was battling to choose booking a room at Francesco's or at Far Out for that day, or book both rooms since they are very reasonably priced, in case booking both would offer any advantage.

But I guess, I'll go ahead with Francesco's, and cancel the room at Far Out, since I intend to returm to Chora in the evening. What do you think?

Edited: 09 June 2018, 04:41
Mentioned in this post
Francesco's
Francesco's
195 Reviews
Ios, Greece
Chora
Chora
Ios, Greece
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swedish Midsummer Party - Far Out Beach Club

I think anywhere in the village (Chora) would be better than staying at Far Out. The late night partying is in the village and the buses stop running at midnight.

Mentioned in this post
Chora
Chora
Ios, Greece
Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swedish Midsummer Party - Far Out Beach Club

Thanks!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swedish Midsummer Party - Far Out Beach Club

anyone can just walk in to far-out for the party - loungers were all busy last year, pool area packed with wild teens!

its not easy getting taxis back there in the early hours, so i'd recommend you stay in chora

Reply to: Swedish Midsummer Party - Far Out Beach Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ios
;