We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lorient Celtic Music Festival 2017

United States
Level Contributor
106 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Lorient Celtic Music Festival 2017

We are just beginning our trip planning for the ten day festival next August. We will fly in from Montreal, as we live in Northern Vermont. We are an older couple who will attend most of the planned events, but want some quiet time also. For the time there , one apartment would work best, I think. Right ? Would like something near a bus line, Trip advisor listed several. Other resources? Book place to stay first ? then plane ? When do the musicians and concerts get posted? does one purchase most tickets before arriving?

We attended the Cape Breton Celtic Colours last fall. Drove to and from and all around . Nine hotels later... ready for home. The music and hospitality of the island people was fantastic!

I speak /understand basic French. Thanks so much for all advice.

6 replies to this topic
Rennes, France
Level Contributor
325 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lorient Celtic Music Festival 2017

It is highly recommended to book your accomodation quite a long time before the festival (I would say at least 3 months before). The choice between an apartment and a hotel is yours, both are possible. You can even choose to stay in a neighbour town of Lorient (there are buses as well), if you want a more quiet place. But if you expect to go to concerts at night, it is much more pleasant if you can walk to the city centre.

It is too early to know the programme of concerts. In February/March probably they will communicate. There are both free concerts and animations in the streets/bars. But for the more official concerts, you should also book tickets.

You may follow the official website (in French) for more information www.festival-interceltique.bzh/festival/

but also this page describing the festival in English …free.fr/index.php/…interceltic-festival.html

Mentioned in this post
Lorient
Lorient
Morbihan, France
United States
Level Contributor
106 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lorient Celtic Music Festival 2017

Thanks so much for your quick response. We have looked at hotels near Palais des Congres,[ where most music locations are} and they are very expensive. Perhaps a hotel a little further out... The apartments near there are already booked for those dates; the two i found available wanted the full ten days costs upfront. Now. I may go back to the owners and ask if i could pay half now, half later. ...there is no cancellation policy! it is a lot of $ to lose if anything comes up in the next 9 months...

Most searching has been on Trip advisor, Air bnb, VRBO.... From attending other music festivals , we've found the availability and timing of purchase of tickets is important . We are soooo excited to be doing this...

Thanks for the english site !

Cornwall
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lorient Celtic Music Festival 2017

I'd also look at Booking.com as a lot of their accommodation has no cancellation fees. It's easy to walk around Lorient and transport links are pretty good. Hoping to go myself - I'll give you a wave! Bonne chance.

Mentioned in this post
Lorient
Lorient
Morbihan, France
United States
Level Contributor
106 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lorient Celtic Music Festival 2017

We booked something thru VRBO.. tiny place, paid the whole thing up front.. but L'Orient is 99% booked... we r on the bus line and have purchased tkts to events as they become available.... also booking a day to Belle Isle, some time other than music.... lots of choices... C U there!

Mentioned in this post
L'Orient
L'Orient
103 Reviews
Lorient, France
Cornwall
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lorient Celtic Music Festival 2017

All sorted then - fab! Brittany's a beautiful place - happy exploring :)

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lorient Celtic Music Festival 2017

HI,

Just to say I've just posted that I'm selling 2x Runrig tickets for the 12th if you're interested - we paid £70 something, but are looking for £60 for them. We can no longer make it....sad as we LOVE Runrig and have seen them loads!

Reply to: Lorient Celtic Music Festival 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lorient