We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas tree hire and set up

Gold Coast...
1 post
Save Topic
Xmas tree hire and set up

Staying at the timbers this xmas and it seems no one on the mountain can set up a xmas tree for a fee could anyone help out and let me know if there are people who do set up pretty sad travelling from Australia with two young kids in hope they could have a dream white xmas but with no xmas tree!!!K

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
589 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Xmas tree hire and set up

If you get no help, pm me and the wife and I will assist you best we can..

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Xmas tree hire and set up

If you can not hire anyone. I think you should do it by yourself to have good experience.

Newcastle, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Xmas tree hire and set up

I have found out the hard way that you can only get the Christmas tree package if you book through big white central reservations. I have bought a cute flat plywood one here and some decorations that I am taking with me, have a great holiday!

Robina, Australia
Level Contributor
432 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Xmas tree hire and set up

Angela - which shuttle service are you using? We stop in Kelowna first when we get picked up from the airport to do a huge grocery shop, so maybe you can buy a cheap fake one there to take up? We are very fortunate that the chalet we have booked is stocked with a Christmas tree from the owners.

Newcastle, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Xmas tree hire and set up

I just looked at the email my travel agent sent and it just says transfer provided by 'Adventure World'

Robina, Australia
Level Contributor
432 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Xmas tree hire and set up

maybe ask them to see if they will do a grocery shop. I booked our holiday myself and used Discover Okanagan Tours for the shuttle as they allow an hour for the groceries shopping before taking you up the mountain. Trust me - with kids, you want to get groceries before you head up the mountain! There is a mini-market in the village, but not the variety (or price) of down in Kelowna.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Xmas tree hire and set up

This message is probably a little late for Rachael's visit but may assist other visitors. If you book through. Central Reservations they can arrange a tree for you. We flew into Big White direct from Australia a couple of years ago, and like Rachel wanted a tree for when we arrived (after our 30+ hours of travel). We requested that the decorations be left so we could dress the tree ourselves. Also re groceries I usually order mine online from VacationFoods as stopping for groceries on the way up the mountain is the last thing I want to do. They Evan unpack all of the items for you and put them away. It is so nice after such a long trip to walk into your condo and know everything is done.

18. Re: Xmas tree hire and set up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2018, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Big White