We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiberon, Carnac or La Trinite sur Mer?

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Quiberon, Carnac or La Trinite sur Mer?

Planning a September trip with partner and dog. We've been to France, including Brittany, many times. I just wondered whether anyone would have a strong preference for one of these towns. We like: beaches (don't worry, I am hardy and will swim in England in October!), driving (so would probably visit all of the towns anyway), nice bars and restaurants, so a little 'life' (not 'pumping' nightclubs, which I know you won't get in Brittany!), preferably being able to get to town centre or promenade/port/beach etc on foot. I visited all three places when I was about 17 but don't remember them that well...

The reason I ask is because I am drawn towards Quiberon but worry it may be a little too touristy or even tacky. While it may be a good place for getting a ferry to Belle Ile, I wondered whether the one access road might lead to jams (probably not so much in September). Any thoughts?

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
England
England
United Kingdom
Quiberon
Quiberon
Morbihan, France
11 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,382 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Quiberon, Carnac or La Trinite sur Mer?

Thanks. Hope you have a great time. :)

Reply to: Quiberon, Carnac or La Trinite sur Mer?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Morbihan