We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport bay club and meal plan

UK
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Newport bay club and meal plan

Hi

Hoping for a little advice from those who have visited before. We have booked into Newport bay club room so have breakfast included already.

Would it be worth extra cost to upgrade to premium meal plan so we could do character meals ? Do Disney reduce cost as we already have breakfast included ?

We are staying 3 nights but 4 days, would the upgrade just include 3 lunch or dinners ?

Thanks X

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Southern Wales, UK
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
5 replies to this topic
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newport bay club and meal plan

The price you would pay for your plan would take into account Compass Club breakfast. I personally always opt for Premium HB as Auberge and Inventions is always top on my list. The meal plan us per night not days so you'll get 3 vouchers per person per stay

Mentioned in this post
Inventions - Disneyland Paris
Inventions - Disneyland...
2,777 Reviews
Chessy, France
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newport bay club and meal plan

You'll get a reduction of €8 for adults and €17 for children on the premium full board and €23/€24 for the premium half board. It does not entirely make up for the breakfast as a normal NPBC breakfast is already €26.

So if you want to know if a premium meal is beneficial for you then do the math.

Let us say half board: per adult that would cost you €60 per night, so €180.

If you want to do all character meals without meal plan that is: €77 for ADC and €65 for Inventions and €12 for the plaza gardens breakfast. Assuming you will have a cheaper meal as compensation for this on the 3rd day: €12,5. Total: €166,5.

So in this case a premium meal plan will not be interesting. Although of course you would get a meal in a more expensive restaurant with the premium meal plan.

So is it worth the extra cost? It depends the way you look at it.

One could say no, because it will cost you more then without a meal plan.

One could say yes, because although you pay more, you will get much more in relation to what you pay for.

I tend to follow the first argumentation and never take a meal plan for that reason because the meal plan never pays itself back.

Of course the situation gets totally different if a culinary experience is your idea of a DLP holiday.

UK
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Newport bay club and meal plan

Thank you for you replies you’ve made it much clearer. x

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newport bay club and meal plan

Yes, I agree with roncer. I’ve calculated a few times and always decided a meal plan will cost more than we would otherwise spend. Therefore I would never buy a meal plan. That said, we soon have a free meal plan and will eat accordingly, in different restaurants than we would normally use.

Cardiff, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Newport bay club and meal plan

Yes the do take the cost of the breakfast off of the cost of the meal plan. We have recently made the same booking.

Yes the meal plan is per night not per day so you would only get 3 days worth of vouchers. It’s definitley worth the upgrade cost of you intend to do the character dining as these options don’t tend to be on the plus package.

Hope this helps

Reply to: Newport bay club and meal plan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted