We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need information on Disneyland

Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need information on Disneyland

Hello - what are the things to see in Disneyland park. Can this park be covered in one entire day. We don't want to go to Walt studio park.

We are 2 adults and a 2 year old child

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
35,429 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
15 replies to this topic
glasgow
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need information on Disneyland

Yes, the two year old will find most suitable rides in fantasyland, throw in a few shows, character meet and greet and the parade. If you want on any of the bigger rides they do a parent switch.

But really it’s dependant in the time of the year. Off season is much quieter and planning is the key

Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need information on Disneyland

Thanks for your response.

I am going to Disneyland on 10 or 12 aug.

That is a magic period.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need information on Disneyland

You'll have an enjoyable day but you're unlikely to be able to do lots of rides especially as some will be unsuitable for wee ones. You'll probably get quite a few in fantasy land but much of the thrill rides of the other lands have height restrictions. August is busy enough but very pleasant weather

Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need information on Disneyland

Thanks all for your advise.

Pls.let me know how much time it is needed to cover the magic kingdom park. 7 hrs or 8hrs..

Also are there any Indian restaurant for having lunch in the Disneyland park.

Pls also let me know how to get the tickets at the gate ; when we have purchased the tickets online at disneyland.com

Because they just give printed voucher.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
35,429 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need information on Disneyland

Printed vouchers for tickets normally are gate ready, if bought from Disney I’d be surprised if not gate ready.

As going in August if you are asking how long does it take to do all of Disneyland parks rides and shows then it’s more than a day and in August normal park hours 10 am to 11pm.

Even just doing the rides in Fantasyland (and there are plenty more all around the park suitable for 2 year olds) you’ll find most rides have queues for upwards of 30 minutes and Peter Pan sometimes in area of 2 hours.

7-8 hours you’ll enjoy but not do anything like everything.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need information on Disneyland

I'd plan to arrive at opening time and leave at closing time! When our children were very little we just really stayed mostly in fantasyland and frontierland. It will be busy in August and you'll spend a lot of time in queues but you should have a lovely day. Of course, you won't get everything in the park done, but your child is very small - you'll be able to do enough to give her/him a magical day :)

Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Need information on Disneyland

Thanks all for your advice.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need information on Disneyland

The park cannot be covered in 1 day. If one has some experience and makes use of a smart strategy one can do all attractions and shows in 1 day however missing out al the other experiences of course. Although you can move them outside the theme parks. Last time it was my objective to see and do all shows and rides of this park in 1 day I made use of emh though I checked in to my hotel as well. This was during summer holidays so full opening hours should do. So count on 15 hours, a little less if you want to skip illuminations, 15 hours is from 9 am to midnight. This is assuming you will be there 1 hour before opening time to make sure you are in front of the line at your first attraction and you will watch Illuminations, it will take some time to leave the parks after the show.

Also for some rides you will probably have to use the baby switch service loosing a little time as well.

When we did all attractions and shows in a single day we started at Autopia (though we were in front of the line already during emh and had covered all emh attractions already) and after that went to btm to get FP's there. From that moment we let the smartphone app be our guide. Make sure you make full use the first hours of the day, since many daytrippers are visiting both parks and are starting in WDS so the first hours the park is open the queues are still ok in the DL-park. After that when the queues get longer: start to watch the shows and the parade. After the parade most people go do their last attraction before they go home, go to eat, have a rest at their hotel and so on... So make full use of these last hours the attractions are open with little or no queues. After you have done all the rides you have 3 choices: 1. See Illuminations: make sure you get there at least 1 hour before the show starts to have a good place and even 2 hours before to have a really good place. 2. Decide not to watch Illuminations and call it a day. 3. Decide not to watch Illuminations and enjoy the absence of queues at the rides to do your favourites again.

Good luck!

Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Need information on Disneyland

Thanks. But I just want to visit the magical kingdom park and don't want to visit Walt studio.

Also what time illuminAtion starts in Disneyland ?

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Blackburn
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Need information on Disneyland

Download the Disneyland app which gives you all info on opening times and show times

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Reply to: Need information on Disneyland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;