We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I be able to attend Illuminations and catch the train?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Will I be able to attend Illuminations and catch the train?

So I’m planning to visit by the end of July, I was wondering if I would be able to attend Illuminations show in its entirety and still have time to catch the last train back to Paris? Or would it be a must to stay at a hotel nearby?

8 replies to this topic
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Will I be able to attend Illuminations and catch the train?

The last train is 1 hour after the ending of Illuminations. Though however it is only 10 minutes to walk to the train station under normal circumstances, take into account with the crowds leaving the parks after Illuminations it will take you a lot longer. So if anything unforseen happens (rainy weather, problems with the crowds), you might miss the train.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
2. Re: Will I be able to attend Illuminations and catch the train?

Thanks a lot! I’ll be visiting by the end of July on a Tuesday (31st) so I don’t know whether I should risk it?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Will I be able to attend Illuminations and catch the train?

Absolutely, the chances of missing the last train are tiny as many of the guests at the park attire and depart by train. I woulden't dawdle to the train once it's done but even at the busiest of times its never taken me more than 15 min to exit the park and pass by the station. There's a reason the last train is a whole hour after, folks can't resist a last picture or one of the kids needs the loo before you leave. You'll be fine.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
4. Re: Will I be able to attend Illuminations and catch the train?

Thanks a lot Solo Beckett that's very reassuring! :) No need for a night's stay then...

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Will I be able to attend Illuminations and catch the train?

No problem, staying overnight does have its advantages but is by no means necessary. You can view illuminations the whole way up mainstream (though closer us better) I find its quicker to walk through the arcades rather than the main street is quicker when leaving

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Will I be able to attend Illuminations and catch the train?

Crowds are really moving very slow after Illuminations. Best be in the station early as more guests will have to catch the train and it's possible these trains will be full quickly.

We discovered on our last trip, there is a secret way to gain some time when leaving the parks after Illuminations. The problem is, that if I post it here, it won't be secret anymore. So if you want to know, best send me a private message.

Haacht, Belgium
Level Contributor
940 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Will I be able to attend Illuminations and catch the train?

Hi roncer, Kind of curious now. Would you mind sharing with me as well? We are AP-holders and have are own "sneaky route" as well and I'm very curious to see if it's the same. Obviously willing to share ours with you as well, but indeed by PM, wouldn't be very calm and secret anymore otherwise... =)

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Will I be able to attend Illuminations and catch the train?

Hi Ona, this fellow AP-holder has just send you a private message to exchange secret routes ;-)

Reply to: Will I be able to attend Illuminations and catch the train?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted