We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland Paris

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Disneyland Paris

We are going the Disneyland Paris in December and wanted to know how many days and nights we would need. We have children ages 4 and 8. What is th best hotel in/near Disneyland Paris? Thanks

12 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland Paris

First time I went(2016) with my sister and her two kids age 2 and 8 we went for 2 full days in the park 4 nights at the hotel. We got most of the rides we wanted to do more than once in that time but more days is always better when It comes to Disney.we stayed in the cars themed hotel Santa fe which was one Disney's cheapest priced hotels but it was nice and clean and perfectly fine as we only spent time there to sleep.

This year we are going for 5 days and staying in the disney Seqouia Lodge as we wanted a hotel with a pool.

I would say if your going to be going more than once then 2 to 3 days is ok for the first visit but if this is like a one time thing then go for 4 to 5 days to really fit everything in.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland Paris

Great thanks so much for the help

Kent, England
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland Paris

Some of this depends on when you are going in december. if you are going mid week during school term time then the parks will be less busy, so you can see/do more in less time. weekends will be busier, as you get closer to christmas it will get busier and once schools break up it will be busier.

this is one crowd prediction calendar

https:/…

if you stay in a disney hotel 4 nights would give you park tickets for 5 days, as both arrival and departure days would be included.

best hotel is subjective. but on site the Disneyland Hotel is right at the gates to the park. It is expensive but much kinder on aching feet when you have spent several days walking around. Have a look on the disneylandparis.co.uk website to see the hotels available. Other hotels are further away, but all can be in walking distance, or they all offer a bus transfer. some have swimming pools, some don't. it really depends on your requirements and budget.

there are also partner hotels, which are not really within walking distance, but have bus transfers. plus many non-disney affiliated hotels, within a few minutes either bus and/or train travel, especially in the val d'europe area of Marne la vallee.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland Paris

How many days is hard to answer, as it depends on the situation, the choice of hotel and your expectations. We usually go 3 days to have at least 1 day that we don't have to worry about arrival or departure. But we went some times for 3 nights as well. We usually also go for 1 day more then the number of nights. But if you don't then make sure to make a separate booking for your 'separate' night(s). It is usually much cheaper to book a package for for example 3 days and 2 nights and book a room-only night instead of a package of 3 days and 3 nights. Like I said your expectations are very decisive for your exact plans, if you just want to be away from home for a certain number of days you can easily spend the days you want at DLP. But if you want to relate the time more to your situation according to some basic rules then according to my experience 2 days are the basic time you need and if you'd want to rush one thing after the other it would be enough. But if you want to do really all of it and also want to have a little time extra to spend at your hotel (like I said, it depends on the choice of hotel as well): add a day! If you don't want to rush and/or spend more then a little time at your hotel or if you book DDCR and more daily travel time needs to be taken into account: add another day! So basically if you would plan 4 days you'd be safe. But even if you want to go 5 days, you certainly won't be bored on that extra day.

Then to answer your question about the best hotel, well I don't think there isn't a best hotel but I think after visiting all 7 Disney Hotels and most of them multiple times, one can make a difference between some categories.

First of all there are the Disney Hotels compared to the non-Disney Hotels. We always try to book a Disney Hotel (until today with no exception, at least for our Disney Holidays of course). For us to enjoy the Disney Hotel benefits and after all as AP-holder we have discount on the Disney Hotels. But for a non AP-holder I'd recommend it as well. Yes, the average Disney Hotel is more expensive then the average non-Disney Hotel. But when booking the right deal they come with a big discount for park access included in the package. It would be regrettable to book a non-Disney Hotel to save money and then lose more money for the park acces.

To further subdivide the category of Disney Hotels I'd say there are the good ones and the less comfortable ones. Disney Davy Crockett Ranch and Santa Fe belong to these last category imo. Certainly Disney Davy Crocket Ranch is one I have a doubtful 'relation' with. Since it is so different from the rest of the Disney Hotels being more a holiday village it has a long list of pros and cons. One of the pros being it's a very economical way to spend the Disney Holiday if able to share the cabin with 5 or 6 people. Cons are: less comfortable, longer travel time between the parks and your accomodation, damp smell in the cabins.

Then the good Disney Hotels. Well I think they all deserve to be visited but there are 2 that outshine the rest imo.

The first being hotel Cheyenne. Because sometimes we all want just a bed to sleep in and that's what this hotel is offering. If you don't have more requirements then this hotel can offer it can be an economical choice. However depending on the number of guests your sharing a room with and the exact priceseason you're going, it might be worth to not book Cheyenne but to book a Golden Forest room in Sequoia Lodge instead. Cause in some cases hotel Cheyenne can be more expensive then the Golden Forest Club considering Club level comes with teatime and breakfast included.

The other one being The Disneyland Hotel. Because there are so many benefits this hotel has that the other hotels haven't. Among other things the proximity to the parks. Or to make it even more crazy: book a Castle Club room. Although a Castle Club room is about 3 times more expensive then a Classic room it has a long list of benefits listed on the website: possibility to book a park view room (recommended: feel the magic when your watching Illuminations from your room), character breakfast and teatime in the Castle Lounge, private elevator to the entrance of the DL-park, VIP-FP and so on.... But it does not stop there! Imo the most surprising Castle Club benefits are not listed on the website. Mousekeeping in the Castle Club gives much more attention to your room doing it twice a day instead of once and Castle Club Cast Members are being very commited to their guests. Even when you are not introduced yet to one of the Castle Club Cast Members, chances are they already know who you are and which room you are in. To achieve this they share a lot of information about their guests among each other resulting in very good service to the guests. One has to experience this to be able to appreciate how enjoyable a Castle Club experience can be.

So if you are asking for the best hotel, I'm very tempted to answer Castle Club, but with a minimum of €888 per night (park acces not included!) it's hard to determin if it was the answer you were expecting.

So it's time to ask yourself a question: what are your expectations? The answer to this question will be the basic to answer your questions about which hotel to take and for how many nights.

North East England...
Level Contributor
94 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland Paris

We are going the last week and November for 4 nights (3 days in Disney). We are staying in Hotel l'Elysee which has a free bus shuttle to DLP. It takes less than 5 minutes on the bus and stop directly outside the hotel. Its a Disney associated hotel, we stayed here earlier on in the year when we went to DLP and I would definitley recommend if you wanted a cheaper option than being on onsite.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland Paris

This is an example of what I warned for :-)

Hotel l'Elysee is about 10 to 25% cheaper then f.e. Hotel Cheyenne. While an offer of f.e. 30% can be found. Not to mention some offers include free park acces for children under 12 when staying at a Disney Hotel.

Imagine booking 2 nights during the most expensive time of the year:

Hotel l'Elysee would be €220 and Cheyenne would be €270 so a Disney Hotel would indeed be more expensive.

But when booking Hotel l'Elysee you won't get discount on your tickets as it's not a Disney Hotel.

Cost for let's say 2 adults (and ignore the free children for now): €366 when staying off site, €256 when staying onsite with 30% discount..

So you'd save €50 by booking a non Disney Hotel but would pay €110 more for park acces. So cheaper option?

In this example a 3day/2 night stay with 2 adults and 2 children < 12 a package would cost:

€898 in Hotel l'Elysee in the cheapest price season or €1132 in the most expensive price season.

With the example offer for the same money you'd spend these 2 nights in Cheyenne for €444 resp €795

Or: for the same price one could book a Compass Club room or 2 nights+2 days more in a standard room in SQL in the cheapest price season or a standard room in HNY or NPBC or 1 night+1day more in hotel Cheyenne in the most expensive price season.

North East England...
Level Contributor
94 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland Paris

Roncer I was just giving advice on my situation as we priced up both Hotel L'Elysee and staying in a disney hotel and booking the Hotel L'elysee worked out around £400 cheaper overall for us including purchasing our tickets for DLP seperatley for 4 nights and 3 days park passes.

We booked a package break which included our flights, transfers and hotel. Everyones situation is differant and certainly saved us alot of money in April when we stayed there and for our upcoming trip in December.

We have paid £220 per person which includes 4 nights stay, our flights, transfers and breakfast at the hotel. Our park tickets are £148 for a 3 day pass. £736 in total which I must stress this also includes our flights, which is not included in your quote.

Edited: 13 June 2018, 19:10
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyland Paris

Everyones situation is different indeed, and apparantly you went with 2 adults while the ts will go with 2 children as well.

Yes if you book everything separate it might be cheaper but it might also have insurance consequenses. So if you do this make sure you book it all together with a professional travel agent. Not everyone has the luck to have a travel agent with such options and rates available. Or not everyone is willing to take the risk to leave home uninsured or is in the situation to pay a separate en mostly very expensive insurance . Or, like with many things, cheap might become bad buy.

Also in your example you did not take the standard package, which of course causes the benefit of the discount tickets to reduce.

Anyway, let us make the calculation properly for the ts. Disney has the best flight rates I can find and it is not Disney Airlines, so if I calculate with your rate of £440 for the hotel and flights this would be something about £208 for the hotel? Let us forget about the flights further, like I said it is not Disney airlines, so the choice of hotel - disney or not - will affect the price for the flight. After adding flight tickets I come to £818 if the ts would go with his family for your number of days. Taken into account the certainty of the tickets.

When I add up: the current children for free -25% offer for cheyenne, breakfast and 2 rooms extra apart from a cheyenne, thanks to the children for free offer this results in a price of £807. £11 cheaper and with the benefits of a Disney Hotel.

So it indeed depends on the situation but anyway, my point remains the same. Also for you a Disney Hotel could have made a difference. As you only have benefit for the tickets compensating for the nights in a Disneyhotel for the packagenights, and assuming my assumption of £208 for the hotel is correct, spending 2 of those nights in a hotel Cheyenne would have resulted in a total price of £727 for you. Yes, this £9 difference might not withstand more serious calculations and maybe Disney is not so keen on cancelling booking costs for different hotels, certainly non-disney hotels. But what I just want to say is the judgement about Disney Hotels being more expensive then offsite hotels always needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

North East England...
Level Contributor
94 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyland Paris

Just to confirm I didnt book anything seperate it was actually through Jet2, its a package deal that is fully ATOL protected and we have full holiday insurance. We are from the UK and we are not able to fly from the UK to DLP for the price you have quoted or at least not what I could find going through Disney which is why I thought I would share how we had managed to cut the cost down.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disneyland Paris

I assumed you booked the park tickets and the flights+hotel separate as you mentioned separate prices. If it is a total package with tickets included, all the better.

Reply to: Disneyland Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted