We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 year old going just before 3rd bday..

Sotogrande, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
2 year old going just before 3rd bday..

hi

few questions

-is ava to small to enjoy?

will book for next april..

-who should i book with?

-which hotel recommended?

-min number nights?

-does ava eat for free?

4 replies to this topic
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 year old going just before 3rd bday..

3 is a great age! She will love it!

I booked direct with Disney on their website but I know travel agents are great at recommending cheapest times etc.

as Ava isn’t school she yet make sure you go during teen time, and not during Easter or at weekends. You’ll get better value and it will be quieter. She can eat for free off of your plates.

I’m not sure, 3 nights might be good. There’s loads for her to do but she won’t be able to do everything. And you won’t want to rush around.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 year old going just before 3rd bday..

The only really annoying thing is if you pay for or get a half board package for free then you don’t get any food vouchers for your daughter. This is fine when if you eat in a buffet as she can eat for free. But if you eat in a table service restaurant then you’ll need to pay for food or she eats off your plate.

But there’s loads for her to do. I’ve taken both my boys at that age and they loved it!

Edited: 17 June 2018, 02:41
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
658 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 year old going just before 3rd bday..

My youngest dd was just gone 3 the first time we went and she loved every second and still talks about the " first time" says she prefers the original parade as the music was soo brillant. She's now 6 and watches YouTube videos of the original parade and knows the song off by heart... So cute!. I will strongly advise 2 absolutely necessary things..1) make sure you bring your buggy even if she's a good walker at home you cannot be without it and 2) bring some snacks from home litt!e comfort food's for her and kinder on your purse. I brought all sorts with me cereal bars, raisin boxes ,buttons, chickatees, biscuits ect

It was also april on our first visit swing into spring is a fantastic. The weather was good with one evening of a heavy down pore that lasted about 20\30 mins so be prepared with sun cream and a poncho!!

You and your lil one will have a fantastic time for sure😉

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 year old going just before 3rd bday..

We went at the beginning of this month with our 8 year old and our 2 year old (he will be 3 in July) we went Monday to Friday and spent 3 full days and our first evening in the park, which was enough to see and do everything. There were loads of rides he could go on, if you stay in a Disney hotel definitely make use of the extra hours and also fast pass to avoid the queues. Also a buggy is a must we took ours but met people who had hired them at a cost of 20 euros per day.

The illumination are amazing but are on very late for little ones 11pm whilst we were there, he stayed awake for most of it. Also make sure you see Mickey and the Magician show its amazing both kids were mesmerized.

If you get the standard half board meal plan and eat in the buffet restaurants although you don't have a voucher for your little one they can still have a plate of food.

We stayed in hotel santa fe and it was fine for us to be honest we didn't spend a lot of time in the Room at all. I booked our break through Magic breaks but check Disney directly as Magic breaks price matched them.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Cafe Mickey
Cafe Mickey
5,550 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Reply to: 2 year old going just before 3rd bday..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted