We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinsale to Cork Airport?

Flat Rock, North...
3 posts
Save Topic
Kinsale to Cork Airport?

Hi,

I am staying in Kinsale this summer and I am trying to get a flight from Cork to Barcelona. The flight leaves at 6:20am so I would have to leave Kinsale, early. I am wondering if there are any taxis or public transport that operate that early?

My other alternative is to take the bus to Dublin and catch a flight from there. Any info would be great!

Mentioned in this post
Kinsale
Kinsale
County Cork, Ireland
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
3-Day Small-Group Southeast Ireland...
6 Reviews
from US$498.80*
Cobh Shore Excursion: Blarney Castle...
2 Reviews
from US$687.00*
Free Cancellation
Full-Day Kinsale and West Cork Tour
3 Reviews
from US$46.20*
Free Cancellation
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kinsale to Cork Airport?

The first bus doesn't leave until 7am.

Personally, I'd get a taxi. That should cost €35-40, while using buses to get to Dublin Airport from Kinsale would cost around €25 and waste 4 hours.

Another possibility could be to relocate to a hotel at Cork Airport the night before. The last evening bus is at 22:00, so there is time for a full day in Kinsale.

Mentioned in this post
Kinsale
Kinsale
County Cork, Ireland
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Flat Rock, North...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kinsale to Cork Airport?

Thanks so much for the info!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kinsale to Cork Airport?

Yes, great idea to overnight at the airport. There are two good hotels there, just a few minutes walk from the terminal (and one of the hotels has a shuttle bus)

Flat Rock, North...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kinsale to Cork Airport?

Thank you so much for the help! I found a flight out of Cork around noon, so that leaves time for me to get up that morning and hop on the bus from Kinsale.

Mentioned in this post
Cork
Cork
County Cork, Ireland
Kinsale
Kinsale
County Cork, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kinsale to Cork Airport?

Glad you're sorted. There would be no problem getting an early taxi from Kinsale to the airport if you ever need one. People do it all the time. If you pick up a copy of the free weekly advertiser you'll find details there. One of the taxi company's in Kinsale does a €25 set rate to the airport. Also be aware that the Kinsale bus drives right into the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Kinsale
Kinsale
County Cork, Ireland
6. Re: Kinsale to Cork Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2018, 13:16