We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Cohb to Old Head Golf Links

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation Cohb to Old Head Golf Links

Good afternoon. I am looking for transportation from the cruise ship terminal in Gohb, on June 8th 2018 to Old Head Golf Links in Kinsale. Pick up time would be around 9am. As soon as I can get off the ship. I will be a single person and have no golf clubs. I am trying to arrange something more affordable than limo services. I would need a ride back so I could be at the ship no later than 6:30.pm. I'm looking for more affordable suggestions as to who can help me? Thank you MG

2 replies to this topic
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
29,230 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Cohb to Old Head Golf Links

I've never played the Old Head but I've fond memories of this one a short train or taxi ride from Cobh.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,437 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Cohb to Old Head Golf Links

You don't have a huge amount of choice other than a limo service or taxi.

It's a slog to get to Kinsale by public transportation and the Old Head is trickier again, with only 4 buses a day (which drop you 10 minutes from the golf course) from Kinsale to the Old Head. So, you're looking at 30 minutes on a train, followed by an hour on another bus, followed by 15 minutes on another bus. There will be a wait of up to an hour on connection for good measure.

If you really want to do it, these are the timetables you need

In reality, you are probably best off either biting the bullet and paying for a driver or selecting one of the courses closer to Cobh, like Cork (mentioned above) or Fota Island. Both of those courses ave hosted the Irish Open, so they are worth considering.

Reply to: Transportation Cohb to Old Head Golf Links
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kinsale
Recent Conversations
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor