We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving Kinsale to Kenmare

Level Contributor
179 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Driving Kinsale to Kenmare

I know that this route is been discussed many times but could someone please tell me if this is doable. I want to take the coastal route between Kinsale and Mizen head. I'm really wanting to do the walk at Mizen . Then cut up to Kenmare on n71. This route looks like it will take about 4 1/2 to 5 hours with no stops (and of course we will stop). So what else would you say it was a must-see along this route.

Mentioned in this post
Kinsale
Kinsale
County Cork, Ireland
Kenmare
Kenmare
County Kerry, Ireland
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,800 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving Kinsale to Kenmare

When you're down at Mizen, take the nearby walk to Three Castle Head.

As a must see on that route, I'd say Garnish Island, but you probably don't have time to see it and anyway, it's easily visitable from Kenmare.

There are lots of other places you could stop, but none are absolute must sees.

Mentioned in this post
Kenmare
Kenmare
County Kerry, Ireland
2. Re: Driving Kinsale to Kenmare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2017, 13:17