We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a lost friend

Rennes, France
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a lost friend

Excuse me if it is the wrong place to post this note : my brother Patrick and I, from Brittany, are looking for an old friend, called Desmonfd Byrne. Unfortunately there are a lot of Desmond Byrne in the phone book, but none is 'ours". He used to live in Bray in the 1970s, working at the GPO (Dublin). I do hope that someone will read this, and understand my very unperfect English. I don't even know if Desmond is still alive. We were friends with Anthony Butler, from Dublin (tragically dead december 2009). I hope someone will help me give this 'memory' a 'happy end'. Can you help? If so, thank you so much. My email is leondubas@yahoo.fr. Thanks a lot from your celtic neighbour !

Edited: 15 June 2011, 04:06
3 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a lost friend

I think you might reach a wider audience on www.boards.ie try posting your message in the Co Wicklow section as he's from Bray www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php… and the Dublin City section as he worked in the GPO www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php…

Sorry I can't be any more help

Rennes, France
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a lost friend

Thankou very much for this friendly (and quasi immediat !) answer ! I'll follow your advice !

ireland
Level Contributor
127 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a lost friend

I hope you find him

Reply to: Looking for a lost friend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bray