We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rentals in bray

Holly Springs...
Level Contributor
14 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
car rentals in bray

arriving in dublin and would prefer not to drive i the city. if we train to bray, can we find a car rental agency of reasonable size ( we want to retirn the rental in shannon a week later)?

5 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,072 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rentals in bray

If you hire from the airport you get on the M50 and avoid the city. I don't think there is any rental co. in Bray.

Mentioned in this post
Bray
Bray
County Wicklow, Ireland
Dublin
Level Contributor
49 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rentals in bray

These are not in Bray but only a few miles away. You could get off at a station nearer to them ie Glenageary or Killiney, They offer a collect and bring to rental office service. Also try Argus car rental agency they have agents everywhere and are based in Ireland. You can get a bus from Dublin to within 200 yards of their offices in Pottery road its a number 46A and you get off at Bakers Corner contact them at this link. www.enterprise.ie/car_rental/contactUs.do

Edited: 13 May 2012, 06:47
Mentioned in this post
Bray
Bray
County Wicklow, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
106 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rentals in bray

You can hire a car in Bray from Enterprise car hire. They were located in Fitpatricks Garage, Bray, Not sure if they still are but check them out . Google Enterprise Rent a car Bray. I used this company 3 years ago and they gave good service at reasonable cost .

You can get to bray using the airport bus if you like. It goes approx every 45 minutes and used to be €17 for a return ticket.

Enterprise are a National company so it should be possible to arrange to return the car at Shannon.

In Ireland cars are generally manual so you need to specify an automatic if that is what you prefer.

Mentioned in this post
Bray
Bray
County Wicklow, Ireland
Shannon
Shannon
County Clare, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Holly Springs...
Level Contributor
14 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rentals in bray

Thanks for the information. I'll be sure to check out Enterprise. We actually will be staying in Dublin overnight before heading south and west. We hope avoiding Dublin driving will be a bit less stressful.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rentals in bray

Do a lot of shopping around for prices as they vary a lot but avoid Budget Car Rental as they are the worst

Reply to: car rentals in bray
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bray