We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ross Castle

Seattle, USA
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ross Castle

Hi, Cavan 007 et al –

I’ve been looking for reviews of the Lough Sheelin Ross Castle B&B... but I can find NO mention of it on the TripAdvisor whatsoever! It appears to be a functioning B&B, so I wonder if I'm searching wrong, or…

Beanalainn has suggested that I put a shout out for you on this Cavan forum, and that you might be able to help.

If you or anyone else can offer some insight - it'll be much appreciated!

Dennis

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,837 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ross Castle

I just answered your other post as well. I stayed in Ross Castle some years ago and it was just lovely. It's well off the beaten track. I managed to finally find the web site (www.ross-castle.com) but you could also have a look at this recent topic: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186628-i5155-k108… . I hope you get there!

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ross Castle

Hi NewClear, Ross Caslte is one of our little known jewels tucked away beside Lough Sheelin. The only review that I have seen was the one which Clauda posted above.

Kind of awkward to give directions too, but you would probably be travelling from Dublin to Mountnugent (Co. Cavan) via Kells and Oldcastle. Lough Sheelin is a great trout fishing lake and there are plenty of local boatmen who would be delighted to accommodate.

Seattle, USA
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ross Castle

Terrific feedback, folks - thanks for sharing!

Ross Castle will be added to our trip itinerary :-)

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ross Castle

Thats great, let us know what kind of activities you will be looking for and will try to give you a few leads.

cavan
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Ross Castle

dennis michael here i dont know if u heard but the castle is haunted i leave beside it and it is well knowen of strange things happening in that place

Watertown, New York
Level Contributor
288 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ross Castle

What kind of strange things?

T

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ross Castle

Shhh, Dennis, don't be telling them all our secret's otherwise they won't come!

Just tell them that it is an old castle and highly spirited, just like the fish in Lough Sheelin....big enough to put saddles on, or so I am told!

http://www.ross-castle.com

Watertown, New York
Level Contributor
288 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ross Castle

Oh come on email me... ;-)

T

9. Re: Ross Castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 01:17