We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept Visit to Ireland

KRyan06
6 posts
Save Topic
Sept Visit to Ireland

Hi!

My husband and i would like to plan a trip to Ireland this year at the end of September. We are looking to stay for 5nights 6 days.

Can anyone point us in a good direction of an interary. We are intersted in visiting pubs and the country side of ireland...

Thanks

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,568 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept Visit to Ireland

Where are you flying into?

Will you hire a car?

What are your main interests (besides visiting pubs)?

Are you on a low, medium or high budget?

Do you like me?

KRyan06
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept Visit to Ireland

Hi well being that you are a local expert I wanted to see if you can help me with all of that.

Where is the best to fly into from New York.

Other interest are the blarney stone, the Ring of Kerry, castles , but also just hang out in the pubs/town

KRyan06
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept Visit to Ireland

Hi well being that you are a local expert I wanted to see if you can help me with all of that.

Where is the best to fly into from New York.

Other interest are the blarney stone, the Ring of Kerry, castles , but also just hang out in the pubs/town

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,408 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept Visit to Ireland

Of course s/he likes you Bryno - you're a national treasure. In fact, I think that question should be placed on entry forms to the country - tick no & you're OUT!

Kryan - are you hoping to take in Cavan as well as the ROK? (Given you posted on Cavan forum.)

Easiest access from NY (I think) is SNN - assuming no transatlantic to Cork. You could consider into Dublin, & out of SNN.

Ferdia

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept Visit to Ireland

I wouldn't rule out Cavan if I were you, afterall I came here from England twenty odd years ago and haven't been home since, not to mention that I lost my return ticket in a Cavan pub that has been in the same family for five generations. My ticket has still not turned up although the barman was seen making a speedy exit sometime around my sixth pint of Guinness, no matter his wife has been looking after me ever since.

That said, Cavan is the jewel in the crown as far as places to go and things to see. We laugh when we hear people talk about Fungie the dolphin, sure we have pike in our lakes big enough to wear saddles and a Burren that has the River Shannon rising up like a diamond from the ground. Sure you don't have to take my word that there is gold in them hills, ask Sean Quinn . We also have some of the finest hotels and oldest pubs that the country has to offer.

Sure you are welcome to come to Cavan, but beware that you might not want to leave again. So don't say that you wern't warned beforehand !!!

6. Re: Sept Visit to Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 06:21