We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Headley Court b&b or Bunratty Castle Hotel, Ireland??

California
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Headley Court b&b or Bunratty Castle Hotel, Ireland??

We are excited about our 2nd trip to Ireland in September! (-: Our flight arrives in Shannon airport after 4:00pm, so we'd like to spend our first night in Ireland at a friendly, quiet accommodation in Bunratty. We enjoy a chat with a friendly hostess or host, if they have time.

Tell me about Headley Court or Bunratty Castle Hotel?? Have you stayed there, and which do you prefer?

This is our second trip to Ireland, and I'm so excited! (-: On our first trip we stayed at the quiet, comfortable, and very very clean Bunratty Lodge on our first night. We had a great Irish breakfast the next morning.

There are so many great places to stay in Ireland, we thought it would be fun to try someplace new this time. I welcome your thoughts...and also tips on what you think is the best room. Thanks!

San Diego
Level Contributor
124 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Headley Court b&b or Bunratty Castle Hotel, Ireland??

We stayed last September for one night at Bunratty Castle Hotel. It is a large hotel - it was the only place in our 16 days in Ireland that I thought was overpriced for what we got. Several coaches full of people were staying there the night that we were there. You say "we'd like to spend our first night in Ireland at a friendly, quiet accommodation in Bunratty. We enjoy a chat with a friendly hostess or host, if they have time." I do not think of Bunratty Castle Hotel in those terms at all; it sounds like you are looking more for a B&B or a guesthouse rather than a large hotel.

California
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Headley Court b&b or Bunratty Castle Hotel, Ireland??

SanDiegoCoco: Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions of the Bunratty Castle Hotel. I always like to hear from other travelers. It helps expand my vision of a place.

3. Re: Headley Court b&b or Bunratty Castle Hotel, Ireland??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Bunratty
More Bunratty Topics