We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bunratty banquett

san antonio
Level Contributor
132 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
bunratty banquett

I will be flying into Shannon in early June with husband and 18 year old. I'm reading about a dinner at Bunratty folk park and one at Bunratty Castle. Could someone please clarify if they are the same and if not, which one do you recommend? We would love more history and folk tales than pure entertainment if that matters.

Thank you for any help.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,259 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bunratty banquett

There are 2 dinners offered at Bunratty. You can find details here:

http://www.shannonheritage.com/

To be honest, I think both are geared much more towards entertainment value versus providing any real history.

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: bunratty banquett

I have done the dinner in the Castle a couple of times. It is very very touristy, but still fun. I am heading back to Ireland for the 8th time this fall, so it is not on my list, but if its your first time, then I would say go for it.

greater boston area
Level Contributor
193 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bunratty banquett

Is it recommended to pre-book via the website or to take the chance to book that day. One of the discount cards that I have is 25% off the day of booking; booking online is about 20% less. I also don't want to be too scheduled. We are going in July which I presume is high season.

4. Re: bunratty banquett

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Bunratty
More Bunratty Topics