We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

doolin folk festival

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
doolin folk festival

hi

I intended to be in Doolin for the cliffs walk on 17-18 June. Now I see there is a festival there. Can anyone tell a bit about it. It costs 40 Euro. They dont say what do you get for it? Does it mean it will be better to stay elsewhere around? Any recommendations?

Will it be possible to get to Doolin the next morning by a taxi as I dont drive.

the recommendations should take into consideration the fact that I will arrive there by bus from Limerick.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Doolin
Doolin
The Burren, Ireland
Cliffs of Moher Day Trip from Galway
329 Reviews
from US$35.50*
Free Cancellation
Aran Islands and Cliffs of Moher...
23 Reviews
from US$59.20*
Free Cancellation
Inis Oírr Island and Cliffs of Moher...
25 Reviews
from US$35.50*
Free Cancellation
6 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,072 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: doolin folk festival

I wouldn't bother. the ticket price I have seen is €99, no idea what that gets you? no idea if there are going to be free sessions. I am not the biggest fan of Doolin to start with but this farce smells of the Galway Oyster Fest milk the tourists.

The clifs walks go from Doolin to the Cliffs in the morning and from the Cliffs to Doolin in the afternoon. from Limerick I would suggest you aim for the Afternoon walk. Limerick to Ennis, change onto the 350 to the Cliffs. return from Doolin, 350 to Ennis change for Limerick

Mentioned in this post
Doolin
Doolin
The Burren, Ireland
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Limerick
Limerick
County Limerick, Ireland
Ennis
Ennis
County Clare, Ireland
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
20,072 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: doolin folk festival

To late to edit, just cleared things up on the Tickets

"Friday the tickets are €35.00, Saturday €45.00 & Sunday €40.00" and on the strength of the wording of the response you can take bets I won't be calling in.

Tel Aviv, Israel
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: doolin folk festival

Tthanks for your reply.i didnt know there is a walk in the afternoon as well? are you sure?

why do you have such a negative attitude towards Doolin?

do you have any recommendation for staying one night around this area?

thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Doolin
Doolin
The Burren, Ireland
Ruardean, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: doolin folk festival

I guess this message is too late and I can’t answer your questions about the cliff walks or bus times so I’ll stick to the festival.

I arrived in Doolin on 16th, I didn’t even know there was a festival on. I stopped in a B&B 2k outside Doolin.

The festival is the main focus of the weekend. The village is very busy and lively. If you like Irish music there is lots of it. Not just in the festival venue itself but in the pubs of the area. Entrance is free and the standard of musicianship is very high.

I noticed one or two places had vacancies but most were fully booked. Of course as you might expect on Monday 18th the crowds had gone so there were vancancies to be found.

Doolin itself is a charming place and a good place to base for a visit to this part of Ireland though I’m talking here from a car driver point of view.

If you have not got to Doolin yet don’t be put off. If you have already been then I hope you enjoyed this delightful place.

Mentioned in this post
Doolin
Doolin
The Burren, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: doolin folk festival

just came back from Ireland.

Now I understand what you said about Doolin. I was there last Sunday and it was awfully crouded . the next day was very cloudy and rainy so I didnt join the walk and drove off towards Galway and more towards Sligo.

I had to return the car by Wednsday in Limerick so went again through the cliffs in Wednsday morning early and I had such a wonderful experience. Buses were not there and only few peple and clear sky.

I recommend to people to try and get there before 9 so you can enjoy the most wonderful experience in Ireland. Nature at its glory. no less.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Doolin
Doolin
The Burren, Ireland
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Sligo
Sligo