We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camogli to Portofino

Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Camogli to Portofino

Hi all , I could use some help.

We will be in Camogli to 2 nights in September. We would like to see Portofino and back for a day trip. I see that Ferries run from San Fruttuoso, but how do we get to San Fruttuoso.

Do any ferries run directly from Camogli to Portofino or Santa Margherita ? Then would we take a train back to Camogli ?

Thank for any advice.

Mentioned in this post
Camogli
Camogli
Italian Riviera, Italy
Portofino
Portofino
Italian Riviera, Italy
La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camogli to Portofino

Ferries run from Camogli to San Fruttouso and from here to Portofino and from Portofino to SML and you can then take a train from SML to Camogli

www.golfoparadiso.it/php/all_lines.php…

http://traghettiportofino.it/en/

Mentioned in this post
Camogli
Camogli
Italian Riviera, Italy
Portofino
Portofino
Italian Riviera, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camogli to Portofino

Thank You, I did figure it out. Since we really only have 1 and a half days in Camogli, I am wondering if we should just stay put. I guess we could take the train to SML, then the ferry to Portofino and the same back. Do you thing that could be done in a little more then half a day ?

Mentioned in this post
Camogli
Camogli
Italian Riviera, Italy
Portofino
Portofino
Italian Riviera, Italy
La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,574 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camogli to Portofino

Can't see why not although it depends on how you want to spend your time in Portofino whether you want to walk up to the lighthouse and Castle Brown or whether you want to shop in the high end boutiques that circle the harbour or just want to take the customary photos of the harbour and the piazetta . You can also get the bus to/from the train station in SML to Portofino

Mentioned in this post
Portofino
Portofino
Italian Riviera, Italy
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,936 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Camogli to Portofino

Train from Camogli to Santa Margerita takes only five minutes, and buses from Santa Margherita station to Portofino are every 30 minutes and take only fifteen minutes or so. So you can definitely go there in half a day.

But the ferry ride is more beautiful.

Edited: 18 May 2016, 14:06
Mentioned in this post
Camogli
Camogli
Italian Riviera, Italy
Portofino
Portofino
Italian Riviera, Italy
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camogli to Portofino

Thank You, Perilizia, you have helped me on numerous posts .

Train and ferry is the way to go if we do it.

6. Re: Camogli to Portofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2017, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Camogli