We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another beach question

London, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Topic
Another beach question

I wondered if it was easy to swim at the beach at Punta Chiappa and also if the path from San Rocco was manageable for someone elderly with no head for heights.

Thanks

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,221 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Another beach question

A lot of people at Punta Chiappa swim off the rocks. There is a beach, but it's very rocky and not very comfortable.

The path down from San Rocco should be manageable OK, if going down - it's gently graded and well-surfaced. It's a steep climb back up though - take the boat instead.

I can't judge the head for heights issue - you are not walking along the edge of an unfenced precipice, but the land does fall away very steeply from a great height.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another beach question

Hi Doris,

I wouldn't say there is really a beach, more of a sort of pavement but most people sunbathe on the rocks. The sea is incredibly beautiful and it is much quieter than the beaches in Camogli.

Whilst it is a slow descent, it does still take rather a long time -

I wrote a little post about it over here, the pictures might give you an idea of what the landscape is like.

livinginitalian.com/advice/2016/6/6/reasons-…

Mentioned in this post
Camogli
Camogli
Italian Riviera, Italy
3. Re: Another beach question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2018, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Camogli