We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vanves! Infos please!

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Vanves! Infos please!

Salut!

I have to admit Vanves is a place I know almost nothing about.

I am thinking of coming to France for first time maybe coming November,mainly to spend 10 or 14 days in Paris.

A very good friend of mine lives in Vanves nowdays, and I try to make my mind if a side trip there worths the effort ( I am thinking of organise everything and let her know I am going a day in advance as a surprise...Otherwise I'll just let her know I'll be in Paris so she can come and meet me there-I know she will.)

I am sure meeting my friend alone worths the effort, but as far as she is flexible to meet me in Paris, I'd like to spend my time wisely.

I understand Vanves is a relatively easy train ride from Paris?

Is there anything in town to see/do in terms of historic sites and scenery? Any local attraction? I see I am first person posting in the specific forum, and that worries me...

Any reasons to avoid this place?

As I wrote, if I go I want it to be a surprise.So I don't want to ask het too many questions and give it away...

Any other information you think is of use to me, please let me know.

Merci beaucoup for your kind repplies to my vague and naive questions!

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Merci
Merci
289 Reviews
Paris, France
Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vanves! Infos please!

I stayed in a hotel in Vanves some years ago, but I can't tell you much - I only slept there, the hotel was a few steps outside the (Paris) city border. Actually, a big part of what used to be Vanves became part of the 15th arrondissement of Paris in 1860. Vanves is now one of the most densely populated areas of France.

There's a small church (église Saint-Remy) you could visit: www.ville-vanves.fr/article.php3… There's also a castle (Château de Vanves, a.k.a. château de Claude Lebas de Montargis) but that's used as a school now.

No need to take a train, you can just take the metro (stops: Malakoff-Plateau de Vanves or Corentin-Celton.)

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
France
France
Europe
Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vanves! Infos please!

Thanks for your information. So I guess someone may concider it as a Paris suberb... May woth a day trip or something. I haven't realise there is Metro till there... Food for thoughts : )

Merci again!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
3. Re: Vanves! Infos please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 14:37
Get answers to your questions about Vanves
Recent Conversations