We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses

Vilamoura, Portugal
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buses

Where in vilamoura can I catch the bus to albufeira

7 replies to this topic
Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses

Yes you can certainly catch a bus to Albufeira not sure where you are staying but there is a bus stop opposite the Villa Gale' Ampalius on the one way system on the ave Tivoli, There should be a timetable in the Bus Shelter best ask the driver as the Faro bus also stops here.

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
54,515 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses

Here's my map showing the various stops. Because of the one way streets all buses on the Faro to Albufeira route via Vilamoura in both directions call at the same stop.

www.algarvebus.info/images/vilamoura_map.jpg

If travelling at weekends do check times carefully as there are very few buses provided. And when arriving in Albufeira don't stay on the bus until the bus station if you want to go to the old town. if you do you will be a mile (1.6km) away from it.

Mentioned in this post
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
northwich
Level Contributor
277 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses

Went yesterday on the bus, it costs 4.25 euros per person each way from the Vila gale amplius to the Albuifeira shopping centre

Vilamoura, Portugal
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses

Thanks everyone, appreciate your reply’s

south tyneside...
Level Contributor
4 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses

Hi I'm not understanding what you mean about the bus station and old town?

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses

The Bus Station in Albufeira is someway outside the centre and old town, you will have to get off long before there, you will notice that most of your fellow passengers be getting off, I often go all the way to the Bus Station and jump on the Giro to the top of the escalator and make my way down to the Beach and walk to the Square,.

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
54,515 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses

This map shows where to get off and back on the bus in Albufeira. www.algarvebus.info/images/abfcentre.gif - it's 6 or 7 minutes walk down into town.

There is no bus down the hill into town, but coming back up the GIRO Linha Verde (green) from either of those stops marked will take you back to the stop for Vilamoura. These run only every half hour so check you leave in time. There are no published timetables for the Albufeira GIRO - check www.algarvebusinfo.004g.htm

Ticket on the GIRO bus is €1,40

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Vilamoura
Vilamoura
Quarteira, Portugal
Reply to: Buses
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura
;