We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga Airport to Arcos.

Hudson, Quebec
12 posts
Malaga Airport to Arcos.

Please advise best transportation (Bus or Train) from Malaga Airport

11:00 am arrival to Arcos de la Frontera.

Many thanks,

Sanlucar de...
Level Contributor
196 posts
394 reviews
1. Re: Malaga Airport to Arcos.

It will not be easy, you will need to get to Ronda and then catch a bus at 9.30 to Arcos arriving at 11.25

http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_16.htm

I'm not sure what website offers info for Malaga to Ronda.

Another option is to get a bus or train to Seville or bus to Jerez and then from both destinations a bus to Arcos. But to be honest getting there at 11am without setting off the day before may be nigh on impossible.

Ian

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Malaga Airport to Arcos.

SundayLunch,

With respect, your request is a little 'clipped'.

Are you saying you want to be at Arcos at 1100 hrs or you arrive at Malaga airport at 1100 hours and want to travel immediately to Arcos?

Best wishes.

Hudson, Quebec
12 posts
3. Re: Malaga Airport to Arcos.

Sorry I was not precise. We arrive at Malaga Airport at 11:00 am and are looking for the

best way( bus or train?) to get to Arcos the same day.

Cheers!

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Malaga Airport to Arcos.

SundayLunch,

There are several ways to go. I will help, but this is a fair journey, at least 2 changes and 4 hours ish, on top of your flight, (it would be 3 hours by car). To ensure I do not waste my time, please confirm day and date, i.e. if your arrival is Saturday, Sunday or festival it will complicate.

Come on back.

Hudson, Quebec
12 posts
5. Re: Malaga Airport to Arcos.

Our Air Transat departure from Montreal arrives on Monday June 7 in Malaga at 9:50am.

We will be staying in Arcos for the full month, using it as our base from which to explore.We will rely on local transport and hikes and the possible day rental of an automobile in Arcos.

Many thanks for all this.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Malaga Airport to Arcos.

SundayLunch,

I will advise in a couple of days.

WomBatt

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Malaga Airport to Arcos.

SundayLunch,

Presuming you do clear the airport in the sensible time you have suggested at 1100 hrs. My recommendation is:-

Train from the airport to Malaga Maria Zambrano (terminus) - every half hour takes 14minutes. - renfe.es/cercanias/malaga/index_horarios.html

Bus to Ronda from Malaga bus station with Los Amarillos (journey time is 1hr 45 m, at 1200, 1300, 1330, 1400) - http://www.estabus.emtsam.es/ (The bus station is 5 minutes walk from the train station.)

Ronda to Arcos - you have already from ian above, but again - http://www.tgcomes.es/horarios_16_english.htm

Please check me.

My only other thought is, you do have time for refreshment in Malaga, before continuing to Ronda.

If there is anything else, please advise.

Best wishes.

Hudson, Quebec
12 posts
8. Re: Malaga Airport to Arcos.

Many thanks to both WomBatt and Ian for the helpful info.

Much obliged.

Cheers and All the Best!

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Malaga Airport to Arcos.

Thanks for the thanks.

10. Re: Malaga Airport to Arcos.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2010, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Arcos de la Frontera
More Arcos de la Frontera Topics