We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my family with 4 teenagers thinking about staying in arcos?

maitland fla
5 posts
Save Topic
my family with 4 teenagers thinking about staying in arcos?

we are thinking about renting a villa at the base of arcos about 25 min walk to the village.is there any night life for teens? many restaurants and bars? or is it kind of sleepy? we are coming in july . is it very hot or tolerable during the day? does it cool off in the eve?one ls ? sorry for so many ? thanks in advance for any advice

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,571 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: my family with 4 teenagers thinking about staying in arcos?

I do not think your teenagers will enjoy this town because there is not much of interest for them here. Yes, the view from the parador is fantastic, but that is about it. No stores to occupy your teenagers. In July it will be very hot during the day. If you wanted to stay in Cadiz, go to Jerez or Cadiz, which have more things to occupy your children. Just do Arcos as a day trip.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,536 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: my family with 4 teenagers thinking about staying in arcos?

In July the beaches are busy so perhaps look for some location near the coast IF you think that this will be a deciding factor. Plenty going on in Cadiz city itself but the crowd is 98% Spanish and it helps to have some language.

It just depends on what the family expect from a holiday in Andalucia in July.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
4,018 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: my family with 4 teenagers thinking about staying in arcos?

It may be unbearably, freaky hot in July. I would stay near the beach close to Cadiz for the combination of really nice beaches and nightlife for the kids.

4. Re: my family with 4 teenagers thinking about staying in arcos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Arcos de la Frontera
More Arcos de la Frontera Topics