We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arcos de la Frontera vs. Ronda

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
49 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Arcos de la Frontera vs. Ronda

Trying to decide whether to spend the night in Arcos de la Frontera or Ronda. Any suggestions? thx, Dee

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,547 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arcos de la Frontera vs. Ronda

To some degree, it depends on your other touring programme.n Personally I prefer Arcos to Ronda because it still retains the feel of a town unaffected by mass tourism - which it is. Ronda does pull in the buses from the Costa del Sol so is best seen during the evening in the summer or early morning. Some people will say that Hemingway loved Ronda - well for me Hemingway may have loved it but is not a reason for me to go there.

Arcos can be seen hurriedly or at a relaxed pace. The Parador is well situated for a leisurely look around the old town and you will see some very old buildings with some charming inner courtyards. ARCOS is laid back and you will not find the tourist office jumping at you with ideas so best to explore as much as possible using the Internet in advance and when you there have time to get a feel of the town. Maybe you will bump into the Mayoress who you will easily recognise by her pictures in the local press. www.andaluciainformacion.es/portada/?i=15&f=0

You can stay in the town or outside and visit. Good selection of accommodation according to budget etc. This weekend they have a Latin American dance weekend with plenty of hot footwork.

bedford, uk
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arcos de la Frontera vs. Ronda

I may be slightly biased having decided to base myself in Arcos, but I have visited Ronda many times too. There is no doubt that Ronda has a spectacular situation and views, but for me it is a little too touristy. I find Arcos much more laid back and friendly. There is a fabulous view from the terrace at the Parador, should you fancy a fino whilst watching the sunset. The narrow streets of the old town are particularly atmospheric, but you will find great food and bars everywhere. You may need to be slightly more adventurous than in Ronda as English translations can be a bit ropey. Try a few words of Spanish and you will find yourself richly rewarded.

3. Re: Arcos de la Frontera vs. Ronda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Arcos de la Frontera
More Arcos de la Frontera Topics