We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus tours

Bridgwater
Level Contributor
116 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Bus tours

Does anyone have info about the Hop on Hop off bus tour or anything similar that would let us see a little of Malta. Rich is especially interested in the War Museum and I would like to see Popeye village.

Mentioned in this post
Popeye Village Malta
Popeye Village Malta
4,874 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
744 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus tours

Hi babyminder,

Malta has a very good public transport service that will enable you to visit Popeye Village and the War Museum. I'm sure Phil-the -Bus will tell you all you want to know about which buses you need to visit these attractions, or anywhere else on the island, wherever you are staying.

Have a good holiday.

Edited: 08 November 2012, 22:27
Mentioned in this post
Popeye Village Malta
Popeye Village Malta
4,874 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Bridgwater
Level Contributor
116 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus tours

Thanks for that and who is Phil the bus

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus tours

Either use local buses (e.2.60 for a whole day ticket unlimited, e12.00 for 7 days) or the HoHo (last price I saw was e15.00 inc a harbour cruise). Most popular seems to be maltasightseeing (www.maltasighteeing.com) - two routes available. North Route will take you to Ta Qali (for the Aviation Museum), South Route includes Valletta (drop off outside the War Museum) and Vittoriosa (for Malta at War exhibition), though these last two might be better usuing public transport. Why do you want Popeye Village? childen? I found it disappointing.

Where are you staying?

Mentioned in this post
Valletta
Valletta
Island of Malta, Malta
Popeye Village Malta
Popeye Village Malta
4,874 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,270 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus tours

I is Phil-the-Bus !

Firstly you need to read this TA article which explains some of what you need to know and includes links to the websites of the two Hop-on Hop-off tour bus operators: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g190311-c109681/Malta… .

Be aware that there are no buses of any sort to Popeye villiage, so you would have a 1.5 mile walk from Mellieha Bay to get there.

Phil-the-Bus

Mentioned in this post
Mellieha Bay Hotel
Mellieha Bay Hotel
2,362 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Mellieha, Malta
Level Contributor
443 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus tours

Popeye village in my opinion is dated and out of touch - hasnt had any work done on it for years..and unless you have children its not worth it. I doubt very much if any of todays children even know who or what popeye was/is or his history.

Get to the seabank walk up the hill and wall to it and view the village from the cliffs..its a good walk though but if its a nice warm day - still enjoyable.

Mentioned in this post
Popeye Village Malta
Popeye Village Malta
4,874 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
6. Re: Bus tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Mellieha