We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now Sapphire dress code - kids?

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Now Sapphire dress code - kids?

Hi - does anyone know whether the dress code at some Now Sapphire restaurants applies to kids?

I keep seeing that men have to wear long pants and closed toed shoes or sandals. Would my son have to wear long pants as well, or can he get away with knee-length knit shorts (sweatpant material)? Do shirts for men and boys have to be collared (like a golf or polo shirt) or will a regular T-shirt with short sleeves suffice? And for my son, are Crocs considered sandals (and allowed) or more like flip-flops (not allowed)?

Thanks for any help!

3 replies to this topic
Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now Sapphire dress code - kids?

I have the exact same question! Wondering if my sons, ages 13 and 10, will have to wear long pants as well.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now Sapphire dress code - kids?

Visited in Oct 2017 for a week with my family: Wife and I, plus two kids (12 and 8). Know that there is a bit of a difference between the written dress code versus what is enforced. We were there during off-season, so perhaps a bit lax.

My 12yo son had no issues wearing nice shorts and collared shirt to the a la carte restaurants. For shoes, I "upgraded" him from flip flops to more of a hiking sandal - like Keens. My 8yo daughter liked wearing capri-style pants/shorts with sandals. Never had an issue for either one.

I brought for myself both khaki-style pants and jeans with collared shirts for dinner at the a la cartes. After the first night, I ditched the sneakers and switched to hiking-type sandals. No issue with my choices. I also saw a number of men wearing nice shirts with collared shirts at dinner (never T-shirts) at the Bluewater Grill for dinner - it's like an covered, outdoor restaurant right on the beach, so the vibe there was always a little more casual than the completely indoor a la cartes. Having said that, I did notice a few men wearing shorts in Lemongrass and in Fresco. Wasn't common, but staff didn't seem to turn anyone away. Again, these weren't flip-flops and T-shirts, but very nice shorts, collared shirts and closed shoes.

As for the other restaurants, Cibu definitely a step up in dress code- folks much more dressed up there. The one night we went to Cibu, my son wore long pants, while my daughter wore a summer-type dress. We didn't do Paramour, as it's adults only.

If you're going during busy season, wouldn't hurt to pack a pair of pants and some sort of semi-closed shoe for boys; maybe sandals for the girls. But unless you're doing Cibu or Paramour, no one seemed to enforce the letter of the law, esp for the kids. And by the way, the more casual vibe is one of the things we LOVED about Now Sapphire. Some folks prefer a different experience. The atmosphere at Now Sapphire was perfect for us.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now Sapphire dress code - kids?

Thank you so much! That was super helpful. We’ll pack a few pairs of khakis. We are really looking forward to it, especially since it’s been 10 degrees here!

Reply to: Now Sapphire dress code - kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted