We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

denver
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

Just a few questions about the resort...we are going in the fall.

Can you snorkle off the resort? Is the water clear enough to see anything? We plan on also doing a snorkle trip but just wondering about off the resort itself.

Can you use the resturants and bars on both sides of the resort, or are there restrictions. We are going with a group and want to make sure if they got the basic room they could still eat with us (we have gone to another resort where you were restricted to sides).

Does the sports bar really stay open until 6am?

How is the music at the pools..swim up bar and how late is it open?

Thanks anyone for your help in answering these questions!

Southborough...
Level Contributor
374 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

I don't think you can snorkel right off the resort but they do have a trip you can take from the hotel.

The restaurants and the bars are combined. Everyone uses the same ones. It is actually hard to tell that there are two resorts in one.

The sports bar is suppose to open at 10 pm until 6 am. I can't say if it was really open until then because we didn't get up that early/go to bed that late!! But sometimes it wasn't open at 10 and since we didn't check back I am not sure when it opened.

The music at the pool (none at the quiet pool) varied. Sometimes rock, sometimes light music, sometimes rap, sometimes strange music. I brought my Ipod. The swim up bar is suppose to close at 6 but it was open much later than that many nights. There was no system so we never knew if it would be open or not.

I think a lot of it depends on how full the hotel is.

Have a great time.

denver
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

Thanks for all your answers!

On the snorkling off the resort question...Were you not able to swim in the water at all?? Hopefully you are able to at least swim in the water at the resort!

Please let me know...Thanx!

Southborough...
Level Contributor
374 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

You could definitely swim in the water. I know alot of people thought it was filled with seaweed and that the beach was dirty but I did not find that. There is seaweed (it is the ocean) and there is much more of it than in Cancun but you can find areas along the beach (it is a very long stretch of beach in front of the hotel) that have very little seaweed in the water. If you go out about 5 to 10 feet there is no seaweed and the water is beautiful.

We loved being on the beach because it was very quiet and peaceful.

This is a very nice hotel for relaxing. If you are looking to party you won't be happy. The bars are great but there isn't much more than that. We wanted to just relax and enjoy each other so it was perfect for us.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
442 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

Were you happy with your room/location. If so do you have any pictures you can share, maybe balcony view, etc. Or your room number

Southborough...
Level Contributor
374 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

I think I answered this in another post but just in case it was 7314 and we loved it.

The pictures are coming - I am having trouble downloading them and waiting for my husband to come home and figure out what I am doing wrong!!!

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

I am so happy to see positive reports on this hotel. I have been looking for a month or two for good prices in this area and finally today I get one for this hotel.

We have spent 9 visits in this area (PdC on down) and love the area. We have also been to the Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta 13 times and Ixtapa once. We hav enever experience a bad time at any of the resorts we visited. I expect we will have a great time because we are very easy to please. Also I just want to veg. on my vacations and this looks like the place to do just that.

I will keep an eye on this forum for more info and you can be sure I will be asking further questions.

Muchas gracias

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
442 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

Doncarlos, Did you like any of the resorts good enough to visit again. Can you suggest another favorite in Punta Cana in case this one doesn't work out for us. Like I said earlier our Travel Agent can't find a rep. to book it through.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

Haven't been to Punta Cana. All of the resorts except the Golden Crown Paradise/ Puerto Vallarta have had one visit only. We stayed at the GCP 11 times, mostly because of the staff. They have changed and moved on now so the wife really doesn't want to go there again.

Union, Mo near St...
Level Contributor
3,065 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

Just book directly through Funjet. I looked up 7 nights for two, everything, for right at $2000. The time frame was 9/29-10/6. This is just an example.

The Funjet site is very easy to use and is secure.

IL
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Coral and Turquesa Questions..

We booked our trip through Apple Vacations -- this is our fourth time -- and have always been very happy,