We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is Puerto Morelos Gay/Lesbian friendly?

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
is Puerto Morelos Gay/Lesbian friendly?

Hi all - we've got a week booked at the Now Jade Riviera and we're wondering if this is friendly towards same sex couples? We're two ladies in our late 20s just looking for a super-relaxing trip and the occasional excursion.

suggestions, comments, concerns?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
353 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is Puerto Morelos Gay/Lesbian friendly?

I'm going to Now Jade on Saturday. While I'm straight, I do know that there is a gay male couple coming from the same area of the States as me during the same week....so I'm assuming that they are!

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is Puerto Morelos Gay/Lesbian friendly?

NO concerns in Puerto Morelos we love everybody! The Mexican culture will frown on overt sexual action of any kind - Catholic . But in general all is acceptable if you are friendly, polite and fun.

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is Puerto Morelos Gay/Lesbian friendly?

We became friends with a gay couple at Dreams RC last month. It was their second trip to the area, and their first was only 6 months prior, so they must love it!

My 11 year old asked me, mommy are they brothers? I said "no sweetie, they are married". He replied, "oh". Hopefully, the world is becoming more accepting.

Have a great time!

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is Puerto Morelos Gay/Lesbian friendly?

Thanks for the feedback, all. Very much looking forward to some fun in the sun - our first time in PM!

Cheers.

Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is Puerto Morelos Gay/Lesbian friendly?

Yes.

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
810 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is Puerto Morelos Gay/Lesbian friendly?

si!

7. Re: is Puerto Morelos Gay/Lesbian friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2011, 12:17