We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Riviera Cancun

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Excellence Riviera Cancun

Hi, Im travelling to ERC a week today on Honeymoon. I'm just wondering if anyone has been here before and could recommend a nice room with a sea view that we could request. We are staying in a junior suite and didnt upgrade to the excellence club. Also, has anyone been there at this time of year? What is the weather like? I've been looking at the forecast and it says rain and thunderstorms :(

Many Thanks

Louise

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,758 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun

Hi

We are also going one week today

The best Non-EC rooms with an ocean view are in buildings #6a & 6c

We have been in June before and the weather is normally hot and humid and there is always the chance of a flash shower and some thunder in the evening/night

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun

thanks flip flop man, may see you there :)

as long as the weather is hot and sunny for the majority i dont mind having the odd shower. I know its just that time of year for that part of the world. Neither of us have ever been to Mexico before, so looking forward to an amazing honeymoon.

I think I will trying emailing the hotel and requesting rooms from those buildings - no harm is asking!

As you have been there before you may be able to help with a few other queries we have.

1. How many peso's do you think we will need to take for tipping etc?

2. Are the guys able to wear jeans and polo t shirts in the restaurants in the evenings or does it have to be trousers and shirts?

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun

Hi

We are going to Excellence Riviera Cancun 14 June. I have e-mailed to RivieraCancun@excellence-resorts.com but as yet have had no response, perhaps you can let me know if you have any luck

Thanks

Elaine

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
89 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun

We head down in two weeks and I have been reading all of the weather posts. This is our 5th time going and if it is like it is in the past, should be ok weather with some rain now and then. Hopefully the mess down there moves out in the next day or so.

Looking foward to our time at the ERC. We have an Excellence Ocen Front Jr Suite laid on. I love to see the pool area and the ocean from the balcony in the morning as I smoke a cigar, drink coffee and watch the sun come up.

We figure if it is still raining, we will make more trips to Playa and Isla Mujeas which is not a bad thing to do. Otherwise, more time in the pools.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,758 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun

Hi again

We have never taken pesos as we always use US$ for tipping and normally take about 100 - 150 singles for tipping

Men certainly used to be able to wear jeans but I did read a post yesterday that said they had been turned away at the Spice for wearing them - denim will also very rather hot to wear with the humidity. Must better to take lightweight chino type trousers

The dress code on their website is slightly wrong just now as men can wear dress shorts if they want to eat in the outdoor restaurants such as the Grill, Lobster House, Oregano and Agave Courtyard. Polo shirts are allowed

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun

Hi Elaine, I have emailed the hotel but no responce as yet :(

thanks flip flop man, very helpful.

Louise.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,758 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun

They are normaly pretty good at replying

Islip, NY
Level Contributor
131 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun

We were just down there in February. We didn't see too many people wearing jeans, just khakis & shorts. Polo shirts are allowed everywhere. As for tipping, we took pesos out of the ATM in the resort & exchanged them for smaller denominations at the front desk. After asking several employees, it's easier for them to be tipped in pesos. Hope that helps !!! Have fun !!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun

Not long now!!!

E-mailed again and have had an acknowledgement-they are probably busy if all clients are contacting them.

Probably see you there

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
240 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Riviera Cancun

I am going in July. Does anyone have a resort layout map?