We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

Abington...
Level Contributor
619 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

I would love a honest comparsion between these resorts. I know Iberostar is a huge resort and that is what we are use to. However I have been reading about Now resorts and thou they are much smaller they seen to offer great food,beach and service. Im concerned at Now properties that there wouldn't be enought entertainment at nite. Im still not sure what the difference beside look of resort is between Now Jade and Sapphire. any info is much appreciated as I try to make a decision. we have stayed at Royal Suites Yucatan. Barcelo Palace and Iberostar Del Mar. I would like a resort that is on the higher end so that the amenties are greater. We love fact that Bud lite is served at Now properties

Mentioned in this post
TRS Yucatan Hotel
TRS Yucatan Hotel
2,763 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar
Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar
5,073 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

Also consider location of the resort. The Now properties are close to PUerto Morelos and the attractions there so giving you more off resort activities and a little more Mexico in your holiday

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Morelos
Puerto Morelos
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Abington...
Level Contributor
619 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

Thank you for the inforrmation. I was hoping peole who have been to both resorts would be able to provide me with some comparsions. I know opinion are just that but I am thinking of going to smaller resort and we like the no reservations policy and that they serve Bud lite,,but we also know Iberostar properties are awesome with lots of choices and don't want to regret my choice.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

We stayed at the Lindo and Maya three times. We loved it. This January we are booked at the Sapphire. I feel like I have done a great deal of research and I hope I will not be dissapointed. We were at the Dreams Riviera this past winter and were completely satisfied, scince they are managed by the same company I expect the same out of the Sapphire. If prices come down we would change to the LIndo or Maya, but right now I can't beat the deal at the sapphire. If you can wait till January to make your decision I can report to you then...

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

We really like Sapphire. Grounds are lovely, rooms recently refreshed and nicer than Lindo and they offer direct oceanfront rooms which are great!

Food very good and no reservations, a big plus.

We found Maya and Lindo too large, too crowded and too many kids running around. Would not stay there.

Sapphire has Preferred Club which is what we book.

Abington...
Level Contributor
619 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

I will look forwarded to ur review. many thanks

Michigan
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

caviargal,

You said you didn't like the Lindo because too many kids, can you tell me if there is anything for kids to do at the Sapphire? I need something for adults and kids both.

Thanks

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

There is a kids club and scheduled activities. I did not pay a lot of attention as we are usually avoiding them. :)

Perhaps a new post with that title will yield helpful results.

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
89 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

heading to now sapphire in september.. we got an apples deal of 929pp air/allinclusive verrrry great deal. a little nervous as we only stayed at adults only a.i's but with it being september,most kids will be in school. looks amazing. great excursions available in puerto morelos.... i will give a full review when i get back but others reviews look great. the price was the same for jade and sapphire, but jade went up almost 200 and reviews for sapphire are better. and rated #8 out of 24 hotels in pm as jade is #13. restaurants sound good. beach movies sound nice... but that pool and swim up bars are what we will be using the most.we "liked" secrets CAPRI , BUT IT WAS REALLLLLLLY QUIET and geared more to honeymooners... silversands was nice,good food,fun atmosphere,mixed crowds... but service was seriously lacking in alot of areas... when they were good they were verry good when they were bad, they sucked!some bad attitudes at bars.....hoping now sapphire is alot of fun !

Chicago
Level Contributor
661 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

I have stayed at both the Lindo/Maya and the Sapphire. ( Also the Jade and in my opinion the Jade is the nicer of the two.)

There is a wave pool and a lazy river at the Lindo for the kids. Have not used a kids club, my kids are older. I think the Lindo was nicer than the Sapphire and kids would find more to do. The Lindo had a great Entertainment staff. Food was not great at either resort, but it was passable. We have stayed at multiple Dreams and they are a step above other resorts in my opinion. But we had a great time at all the places above.

Chicago
Level Contributor
661 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Lindo vs Now Sapphire/Now Jade

Just a side note, if your kids will be bothered by the sea grass in the water the Sapphire beach will be a disappointment.