We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
49 reviews
Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

I would like to go Mayan Holidaze which is held at the Now Sapphire but they are all sold out. Can anyone tell me about inexpensive hotels near the Sapphire? Checking for my college (poor!) kids! Seems like Carmen Hacienda Hotel is pretty good but I just can't really tell how close it is. Thanks!

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,417 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

See if there are any vacancies at ti's sister resort, the Now Jade. When staying at either Now Resort, you have full exchange privelages with the other Resort. In other words, while staying at the Jade, they can go to the Sapphire and use all the pools, bars, restaurants, ect. at no charge. They just can't sleep there and they are not far apart at all....

Edited: 17 September 2011, 10:53
Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

Great suggestion but too expensive for my crew!

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

Excellence Riviera Cancun (adult) and Dreams Riviera Cancun and Ocean Coral & Turquesa (includes kids) are the resorts immediately around Now Sapphire. Now Jade is 4 miles south. Hacienda Morelos (Prev called Carmen Hacienda) is 2 miles south of Sapphire. A fairly good hotel (basic but clean) is Villas Latinas, also 2 mi south (~$65/night). Rentals like Casita Blanca and Abbey del Sol (both 1.3 mi south) will give the best bang per buck, and are in the $100/night range in late Jan.

Edited: 17 September 2011, 11:12
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
370 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

Mayan Holidaze? We are staying there Sept. 25th, what is this?

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
49 reviews
5. Re: Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

Great info BillLee. Thank you!! Do you know if there is inexpensive bus transportation on that strip? jddm-Mayan Holidaze is in January.

Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

ttcl1

Are you sure about the full exchange priveleges between the Now resorts ? I thought you could only visit the sister resort for dinner that had been previously arranged by the concierge. Has this changed ?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,484 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

Looks like a 4 day rock concert, but you're safe, jddm, it's in January. By "safe" of course I mean you're safe like I'm safe, can't imagine spending my relaxing beach vacation in January (I'll be out of there before the 'dazers arrive next door!) with throngs of screaming teens on the beach every night and possibly a spring break atmosphere during those days. Unless, of course, one is a big fan of Lance HerbStrong or the Disco Biscuits..... :)

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
31 posts
49 reviews
8. Re: Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

Anyone know about the campground on Acamaya Reef? Really just need to know how far it is from the Sapphire and if there is cheap transportation. Cost is right, $15/nt/person!!

Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

Camping at Acamaya Reef is good option, because it is only 1/4 mile by beach south of Sapphire. (A bit longer by road because the road loops around ERC). Here's a pic of the area taken from my room at ERC 3 weeks ago:

tripadvisor.com/…35337858

It's in the vicinity of the lawn in the left side of the photo.

Edited: 18 September 2011, 02:40
Salt Lake City USA
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Cheap hotel near Now Sapphire?

I just looked at a pic I took in May 2010 of the camping area. It's on white sand, in a protected area about 150 feet from the shore. Only one tent was there, so I'm guessing it's not always crowded with tents as the their website photos show. The area is very safe.